Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Week 27

Well, another week has been put away as I am already approaching week 28 and my third trimester.

I am still feeling pretty good, a little more tired than I have been lately, but I blame that to my sleepless nights lately. Not sure what is going on, but I have just not been sleeping well this week. I go to bed extremely tired, but for some reason once I get in bed, I cannot fall asleep. It seems to be getting worse.  I have been napping more when I can, or better yet, when I feel like it. These naps aren't very long though, because something always interrupts my mini nap sessions.

My leg cramps have made their appearance again this week, but I think that is due to dehydration. I know that I do not drink enough fluids, and I try, but truly I forget and usually by the time I notice that I have not had enough to drink it is 8pm.

I have also been having a lot of pain with this little guy on my left side and in my pelvic area. He has been lodging himself into my left side and seems to be continuously staying there. At times it can get quite painful. Along with being situated on my left side, he has been kicking on my bladder, which makes me have to pee 100 times more than I ever have had to pee. Sometimes I feel like I am going to pee on myself because he kicks so hard and so much at times. The pelvic pain has gotten worse and it seems as thought every time I get up from a sitting position it feels like my whole pelvic area is bruised and that Mason is going to start to come out.

I made my way into the doctor today for my checkup and also for my 2 hour glucose test. Lucky me, I got to have the two hour test because Carter was so big (9lbs 3oz). So, I got to drink more of the juice they gave you than I did last time, and of course it was not nearly as good (lemon lime flavored this go around). To top things off I couldn't eat anything before, so I was starving and after drinking the "juice" I started to feel nauseous. But, I knew what would happen if I let any of that "juice" come back up then I would have to start all over. So, I went back in the waiting room and attempted to catch up on blog posting, but instead I fell asleep. Then when I woke up it was time to get blood drawn again and then I had to see the doctor. So, the two hour test wasn't so bad (well, it could have been if I didn't have an appointment with my doctor).

During my visit with the doctor she became concerned with my pains in my pelvic area so she had me go in for a ultrasound. Which of course, I was super excited about because at our 20 week ultrasound he was not very cooperative and I didn't get to see much of his face, so I was super excited that I got to see him again!!! During my ultrasound everything looked good, he seems to be feet down (breech), which could be causing my pelvic pain (since he is a kicker, he could be kicking off that area), and I have a lot of amniotic fluid in my pelvic area which can cause alot of pain at times as well. I got some more pictures of the little nugget and he looks so cute!!! I am eager to get our 3D ultrasound so I can do some comparing to Carter and Mason to see if they look alike!!! We are planning on the 3D ultrasound in a few weeks!

Bump Watch Week 27 Mason
 



What baby is learning/doing in my belly: 
He's practicing inhaling and exhaling with his rapidly developing lungs.
It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And his brain will keep on getting more complex.

Total Weight Gain: 19 lbs total

 Gender: It's a .... BOY! 

 
Movement: Still a really big mover and a shaker. Very active little guy, and of course doesn't just contain his activeness to the daytime, he stays pretty active all throughout the night. Not sure he ever sleeps!!
 
Sleeping: Sleeping really just depends on the day. Some days I sleep amazing, and other days I sleep like poo. I have found that it takes me a long time to fall asleep when I get in bed, and even longer to fall asleep if I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, or take care of Carter.
What I miss: I miss being able to do easy things without being uncomfortable. My belly is getting rounder and rounder and with that comes a little back pain, and thus, that means harder to do everyday activity.
Cravings:  Still craving the fruit, and chips. Lately, chips have been my must have at lunchtime! Any kind, and any flavor, as long as they are crunchy and yummy, you can find me eating them.

Symptoms: A little back pain, left side pain, and pelvic pains. All related to this little nugget and the way he positions and moves himself.
Memorable moment for the week: Registering for our C-Section, scheduled for July 26. Just one more thing that gets us a little closer to meeting MASON

Check out the blog post from WEEK 27  from Carter
Picture from pregnancy with Carter 
 

Till next week-
J

No comments:

Post a Comment