Last weekend the hubs turned the big "30." We started the weekend by taking the Friday before off, and we had big plans of getting out and going to Grants Farm and out to lunch, but the weather got cold, and we got sucked into watching the CNN coverage of the Boston Bomber. So, we hung out at home in the morning and then headed out to Bar Louie for a nice little lunch indoors!!!
![]() |
| The Birthday Boy and Carter |
| Carter helping Daddy open presents |
Instead of having a party at a bar we opted for a backyard "Beer Tasting" party (thank you pinterest), with bar food. Michael did not want to not include Carter in the festivities, so hosting something at home was just perfect.
I sent out some really cute invites that asked each invited guest to bring an assigned beer (seasonal, ale, or wheat) for the tasting. that way we could have a variety of peoples favorite beers!! I rented a cute little bar and pint glasses so that the tasting could be done in true fashion. I hung a bunch of pictures of Michael from over the past 30 years and hung them on a banner and on the windows downstairs. I even made a super cute scorecard for all the beer tasters to keep track of their favorite beers. I opted for having bar food, as this was a man party, and what do guys like more than beer, is good bar food. So, we had a Pointersaurus pizza from Pointers, chicken wings, mac 'n cheese bites, a Gus's pretzel, wing dip, taco dip, cheese sticks, and of course toasted ravioli.
| The Beer Tasting Bar |
| ScoreCards |
| Our Family |
| HAPPY BIRTHDAY |
All in all it was a good time, and it was nice to see so many people show up to celebrate Michael. I know he had a great time, and I of course had fun planning and hosting the party!!!
The following weekend after his "friends" "beer tasting" party, Michaels parents threw him a little get together with all the great aunts, and my family. So, his birthday was pretty continuous for two straight weeks, lol! I love these fqamily get togethers because Michaels great aunts are getting older, and they are oh so in love with the kiddos that it is so much fun to watch them oh and ah over how cute our kids are.
Here are just a few pics from this party
The following weekend after his "friends" "beer tasting" party, Michaels parents threw him a little get together with all the great aunts, and my family. So, his birthday was pretty continuous for two straight weeks, lol! I love these fqamily get togethers because Michaels great aunts are getting older, and they are oh so in love with the kiddos that it is so much fun to watch them oh and ah over how cute our kids are.
Here are just a few pics from this party
Till next time
J

No comments:
Post a Comment