Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week 23

 
Week 23
This week we visited the doctor and it seems as thought Baby S is trucking along. I am still feeling really good, and have so much energy lately. So much that I pulled all the weeds in the backyard flower beds, cleared out fall leaves that were still lingering around, and even mulched the front beds! I wasn't even preggo last year and I didn't do that! I wanted to be outside and while boo played in the mudd and dirt and leaves, it only seemed fitting that I get some yard work done! Needless to say the yard looks great, once Michael did his part! I am ready to put the wintertime behind us and Spring forward!!!
 
After I spent all that time in the yard (two days in a row) it was definitely evident that I stretched it a bit, because my back hurt. Nothing a little heating pad wouldn't take away!!!
 
Along with all my energy, my belly is getting really really round!! I don't remember it getting so round so quick with Carter, but this go around it has!! Baby S is still moving like crazy and he seems to not want to stop. I can see his little kicks at time and I forgot how much I loved that! I don't love the fact that he kicks so much all the time, it is pretty distracting, especially when I am at work!! I just want to sit there and soak in all the kicks and turns he is making in my belly!!
 
I gained a bit of weight this week, eek! Probably from all the food from Easter, and all the sweets I have been eating! Looking back though at my Journal from Carter, I am right where I was my last pregnancy, so that makes me feel a little bit better!!  There will be some cutbacks this week, and healthier options. Why oh why, when I am preggo do I want things that are not super healthy!!!
 
Baby S's heartbeat was a whopping 140-142 this visit. I didn't really get to hear it clearly though because Carter attended my doctor appointment with me and it seems as though when it time was for me to sit up on the table he wanted to scream and not stop till I got down!
 
Last week I talked about my belly button poking out, well while we were at the doctor I mentioned it to my doctor, and she informed me that it could possibly be a hernia.  She said, possibly, but not 100 percent sure. It could just be that Baby S has kicked out my belly button to his liking. UGH, seriously? Not, an umbilical hernia which can cause complications in pregnancy and is painful, but just a small hernia in my belly button; which should go away after the baby is born. IF not (let's pray that it does go away) then I will have to surgery to remove it!!!!   
 
Bump Watch
 
 
 
 
What baby is learning/doing in my belly:  
  • He's forming little nipples (yeah, really!)
  • His face is fully formed now -- he just needs a little extra fat to fill it out.
  • He's listening to your voice and your heartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking.

  • Total Weight Gain: 13 lbs total
     Gender: It's a .... BOY! We have decided on a name, as some may be interested in what the name is.... We have decided to go with Mason Richard. We had about five names picked out, and narrowed it down to two, Grayson and Mason. We wanted something that was strong like Carter's name, and decided to go with Mason (because I wasn't a huge fan of the nickname, Grey) for the first name, and Richard for the middle (after Michael's dad).

     
    Movement: Still a mover and a kicker like mentioned above. He really moves around a lot now, and it feels like he is all over the place. Sometimes up high and sometimes down really low! He is going to be a mover and a shaker I am sure!!
     
    Sleeping: Sleeping is still going ok. I am not napping like I did when I was preggo with Carter, I have too much energy. And I am still getting those night leg cramps, which the OB said are common and to put Aspercreme on them to help with the pain. A new issue is that once I am awake in the middle of the night, which for some reason I really have been a light sleeper, I cannot seem to go back to sleep!!
     
    What I miss: Nothing really. More like I am looking forward to Spring/Summer time being here!!!
     
    Cravings: Fruit, and just food in general, oh, and don't forget the sweets. Grilled cheese has made another weekly comeback as to some cravings!!
     
    Symptoms: Leg Pains at night. Back Pain from working in yard.
     
    Memorable moment for the week: Getting some pictures/name stuff for the walls in Mason's room; thanks to my sister!!!

    This is the blog from week 23 from Carter, and my 23 week pic!!
     
     
    Till next week
    J

    No comments:

    Post a Comment