Someone has turned 18 months old, and it is so hard to believe. You have seemed to change and grow so much everyday, it is really amazing to watch you!
You are still a very sweet and loving little boy, but lately you have become quite needy for his mama! Now, you have always been a mamas boy, but lately it has become quite intense. You have a LOVE for me that is so sweet, but at times it can be too much. You always wants me to do everything for you which is nice, but at the same time, it can be overwhelming. You love your daddy for sure, but you really prefers me over him, and really over all people. I love that you love me, I really do! But, sometimes you just can be way too needy!
Since the weather has been so nice lately, you really love playing outside. You love ROCKS with a passion, and everywhere we go if you see any bed of rocks you have to snag one or two to take with you. It is an obsession. You won't leave until you get the rocks. You new thing is picking up rocks that are out of place and throwing them back where they go, or better yet, throwing them at whatever is in your way. You pretty much love throwing everything!!! Along with rocks, you are in love with screws. You LOVE building on your tool bench, and you love to put screws into the holes of things where they go. When we put together Mason's bed you wanted to help put the screw where it goes. You know that you need a screwdriver to do this, so if you don't have one and you need one, you will go find one of Daddy's screw drivers (which have made their way onto your tool bench, and you truly think the screwdrivers are yours now) and attempt to put the screw where it goes. This week Michael drilled some holes in some extra wood so you had something to play with. It is hilarious to watch you play with "your" tools. You look like such a big boy when you do it. Ahh. tear. tear. tear.
You talk and when I say you talk, you talk a lot. I can understand about 95 percent of what you are saying (probably because you make me do everything for you) and put some small phrases together. You make me laugh when you say certain stuff, because you are so adamant about what you want or what you are saying, and the way you say it is just darn right funny!!! A few weeks ago, you said "thank you guys" and now you say it a lot when you say thank you. You have also FINALLY started saying yes when we ask you something. For a while you would just say NO, and then get mad because we weren't getting you what you wanted, because we had no idea you really meant yes. that has really made like a whole heck of a lot easier.
You are rocking still some 12 month clothes (mostly shirts), but we have ventured into the 12-18 month clothes range. The pants are still way to big for your short little self, but its getting to be summer time so 12-18 month shorts seem to fit just fine!! You are weighing around 23 lbs (up and down lately with a few bouts of sickness)and wear size 4 diapers. You are still rocking size 5-5W shoes and love putting them on like daddy does. We bought you a cute pair of Converse tennis shoes, and you look like a little man with them on.
You love to snack, and prefer that over sitting down and eating. You are in love with yogurt, pretzels, fruit snacks, bananas, oranges (cuties), cheese, corn, bread and lately, butter. You really vary in when and how much you eat. Sometimes you sit down and eat a whole bunch, other times, you sit down and eat nothing. We have decided that if you don't want to eat what we are serving then you just are not hungry. I do not want to force you to eat, and have read that you will eat when you want to eat. Half of the time, you really are just not hungry and don't need snacks to suffice. I just wish you would eat when we eat, because it makes me feel like you are sick or something when you decide to not eat.
You really love milk, and when I mean LOVE, I mean LOOOOVVVVEEE. You can drink a whole galloon of milk in less than five days. You prefer milk over water, and you sometimes will even have a water and a milk. We have tried limiting your milk intake because we think you may be filling up on just milk in stead of eating your food. But no matter how much milk you drink, it doesn't seem to affect your appetite at times. It's weird. Maybe you are just going through a phase about not wanting to eat. We are going to the pediatrician this week so I will make sure to double check!! The only issue I have with you drinking so much milk, is that in the middle of the night you want milk if you wake up.
Speaking of middle of the night, lately you have been a TERRIBLE sleeper for the past 4 weeks. Ever since you had a bout with a double ear infection/viral pneumonia/cough sleep has been really rough. At first I attributed it to your sickness that took you a while to get over, and then once you were over that, I attributed it to your molars coming in. Now, I think you are having sleep regression. You are waking up around 1130-12 wanting your binkie (that thing is the devil), and then again at exactly 2:20-2:40 every night. Some nights we make you cry it out, other nights you sit in your bed and tell us "I'm scared" and "In there," which of course makes me get up and try to comfort you. We are trying to be really strong with letting you go back to crying it out, but now that you are more vocal and able to tell us what you want, it makes it really hard. If you fall back asleep on your own, you sleep till anywhere from 4:30-6 am then at those times, I just get you in bed with me. It is easier to let you sleep with me in the bed (since Daddy is already at work) then try to fight you to get you back to sleep. Now, at 2:20 if you don't stop crying then sometimes, we will get you out of your bed and let you lay with us till you fall asleep, then I will put you back in your bed. It is absolutely mind boggling that you are just not a great sleeper. You mommy and daddy love to sleep, so you should love it to, right?
Along with sleeping at night, nap times really vary. When you are home with us on the weekends you prefer to nap in the morning. But, man do you fight taking a nap. I usually let you cry it out till you fall asleep, because if not, no nap=terror. Now, if you don't nap during the week for the sitter or if we are out and about during your naptime, you will nap in the afternoon (maybe), or lately it seems as though you want to nap on the couch or floor whenever you feel you are tired. It puts a damper in the evening, because I obviously cannot let you nap all night long, so I wake you up and then of course you are just crabby.
Basically, right now, you are not a happy person when it comes to sleeping, and we are really working on getting you back on track. Your little brother is going to be here soon, and with that we want you to be able to show him how sleeping is FUN! I don't want to have to deal with two kiddos who won't sleep!!
Speaking of your brother, you LOVE Mace as you call him, and you give him "blow kisses." You blow my belly and think it is hilarious, you try to save these blow kisses for just Mace, but sometimes will share them with us. You love touching my belly, and you like to keep it covered up, but when you want to talk to Mace or kiss him you just lift it right up. Sometimes you try to do this when other people are around, we are working on that!! You know that Mace is a baby and that he has his own room, you will put stuff in there of yours if Mommy asks you to, and you know that his room, is just that his room.
All of this extra love for your brother now, makes me think you are going to LOVE having him around. I HOPE that you deal with having him around really well. I think it will make me sad, if you feel like we are paying too much attention to him and not you. I promise I will do my best to make sure you are both equally attended to.
Overall, you are a growing little toddler, who just really is trying to figure everything out these days. It is so fun to watch you, play with you, and teach you everything you want to learn. We are loving being your teacher, and more importantly we are loving being your mommy and daddy!!! Keep growing little boy, and I hope that you will continue to grow and learn at a rapid speed. Secretly I wish I could freeze time and keep you this age, because you are so sweet and loving!!
Love you
MOM (and Dad)
No comments:
Post a Comment