Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Two weeks, one post


Weesk 21 and 22 
I am blogging weeks 21 and 22 together, because I am behind and it is an easy route to go. Lazy preggo, yes, yes, I am. 

Another set of weeks have flown by and we are just eagerly getting ready for baby S to come into the world. I have brought up all of Carters baby clothes and put them away in Baby S's dresser, and have resisted the urge to buy Baby S any new stuff (but, that did not stop the Easter bunny or Easter Grandma's). This little guy already has so many hand me downs from Carter, that are basically new, I have not really seen the need to buy anything new, yet. Now, the Easter bunnies did get little Baby S some good stuff and some cute stuff at that, so he will have his own wardrobe, I just hope he doesn't mind wearing his Big Brothers pretty cool clothes. 

I am feeling pretty good overall. I am having some leg pains at night, which are pretty awful and last for a few hours at a time, but nothing that is going to kill me. These past two weeks I have really rounded out, and am glad the awkward baby cub stage is over. I hate the flabby part of pregnancy and love the part where is gets hard and round and you look like your pregnant and not just flabby! With that I have noticed that my stretch marks from Carter have become noticeable. Not dark or anything, just starting to notice them more now than I did before. I hate those little boogers, and wish I never had gotten them with Carter, but unfortunately they came in week 37 last go around and I knew they were bound to pop up again this go around. 

My belly button has also popped out (and has been popped out for a few weeks now), and it is quite unattractive. So much that I am debating whether or not I will be rocking my two piece suit or a one piece suit (I know, the dilemmas I have). I also have noticed that my boobs are extremely swollen and hurt all the time. They feel like they are going to explode at times. Worse than when I was nursing Carter and they got engorged. 

Overall I am a very energetic lady. I have been busy getting Baby S's room in order, and or course getting all the toys of Carter's organized. We have so many things in this house, it looks like Toys R Us threw up in our living room and Carters room. Since our house is not a mansion or extremely large at that I have to get these things organized so I have a place for all the baby equipment once our little guy arrives!! 

Bump Watch 
Week 21 
 
Week 22 


 and 

What baby is learning/doing in my belly:  Week 21: As his digestive system preps for the outside world, he's manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance you'll find in his first dirty diaper (ew)!
Week 22: Now that he's got more developed eyes and lips, he's looking even more like a newborn. He's sleeping in cycles -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (hint: they're probably those times you're not feeling any kicks!).

Total weight gain/loss: Week 21: gained 7 lbs total  
Week 22: gained 9 lbs total 

Gender: It's a .... BOY! Last week we got the first coat of paint on, weeks 21 and 22, we got the second coat of paint on, the crib bought and put together, and the dresser bought and put together. His room now looks like a baby's room with everything in it. We moved Carter's changing table into Baby S's room since Carter never uses it and it matches the furniture in Baby S's room. I just need to get some new drawer knobs as Carters are sports. 

Movement: Baby is still most active at night and I have really noticed that he has been kicking a lot in the afternoon to. He is just quite a mover and I can even see his little kicks, which I cannot believe since he is so small still. But, as my belly rounds out, he must be getting better and those kicks are pretty big and strong. 

Sleep: Sleeping good, except for at night I have been having some bad leg pains, which I don't get until I lay flat in bed. It is pretty painful and keeps me up for a few hours once I get into bed. I have to be really really tired to not notice them, but most nights I do. 

What I miss: Nothing really. More like I am looking forward to the next 16 weeks more than anything!! Our little one is going to be here in July, and it seems as though they are flying by and I cannot wait to get to hold our sweet Baby Boy.  

Cravings: Fruit, and just food in general, oh, and don't forget the sweets. Ice cream on Mondays have become a new tradition, and I wish we could have ice cream everyday. But... I dont want to be a big whale. So, we will just stick to our Monday night ice cream tradition. 

Symptoms: Leg Pains at night. 


Memorable moment for the week: Getting the furniture in Baby S's room put together. his nursery is coming along at full speed!!! 

Here is the blog post from week 22 (no 21 post) and picture from Carter at week 22! 

Till next week
J

No comments:

Post a Comment