Last weekend my little brother and his girlfriend came into town to visit all of us and meet Carter for the first time!! It was such a great visit with both of them, ad by the time they left on Wednesday I was a little sappy. This was the first time we had met Laura (Sean's gf) and she is quite a gal! She was very quiet, and probably thought our family was a little ate up, but needless to say I think she enjoyed herself and I was so glad she made the trip with Sean.
 |
| Our Guests.. Sean and Laura |
 |
| Siblings |
I had been anticipating Sean's visit for a while. He usually comes up about three times a year, but it has been a while since we last saw him, so I was eager to visit with him and even more eager for him to meet Carter. Sean and I don't talk on the phone much (we are not phone people), and he is not a facebook/email kind of person, so we usually just talk when some sort of big news comes up with either one of us. We are not close siblings, and I wish we were, but, I guess when you are so far apart in age (ten years) and live many miles away from each other (he is in Texas, and I am here in the Lou) that tends to happen. Now, him and my little sister are very close, and in a BIG way I tend to get jealous of that. I guess it makes me more sad that Sean and I are not close. I know that Nikki and him have had a special relationship ever since we were kids. They had each other for support when my parents got separated and I am glad that they had each other during that time and even more glad that they are so close now.

So needless to say I soaked up every minute of Sean and Lauras visit. We spent Sunday night at my moms playing games and eating a mini Thanksgiving dinner. Monday we ventured to the arch (I sat this one out with Carter and mom, while Sean, Laura and Nikki ventured up), Tuesday we had dinner at mom's again. It was quite a bit of family time, and it was much needed.. For all of us!! So much is happening in our family, that we really needed to be together and make fun of each other and just have fun!!!
 |
| Up in the Arch |
 |
| Our Family Arch Photo (minus Tolie, and Michael) |
 |
| Carter and I in the museum |
Most of all I am glad that Sean got to meet his nephew. Sean couldn't be here when Carter was born, and I know he really really wanted to. I remember when he called me in the hospital to check up on me, and how sweet he was that day. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about that one phone call, it just meant so much having him call and wish us well and to check on his first nephew! While Sean was here it was so sweet seeing them together and really makes me sad (and of course teary eyed) that he doesn't live here to see Carter grow. I know though that he loves him alot, and is going to be a great uncle even though he lives so far away!
 |
| Carter LOVES his Uncle Sean |
I am already anticipating when Sean and Laura can come visit again, or maybe a trip to Texas (to show Michael my old stopping ground) will be in the works. Until then I have some good pictures to look back on until we get to see Sean again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment