Sunday, November 27, 2011

Life is Good

These days it seems as though life is just a buzzing by and our little man is just growing, and growing and growing. The past two weeks we have been busy with our families as the holidays have now approached us in full speed.
I'm a Ham and I Know It
Carter has become this amazing little guy. He smiles a ton, and just laughs and laughs when you have him sitting up and playing with him. He loves sitting up and staring into the crowd, he wants to see what is going on at all times. When you have him cradled, he will let you love on him and play with him, but he really enjoys sitting up (like a big boy) and watching everything around him. He takes everything in and it is amazing to watch him, watch the world. I have no clue what he is thinking or even what he is saying when he coos and "talks" to us, but I like to think that he is thinking how lucky he is to have me as his mommy and Michael as his daddy. He is still enjoying playing on his play mat, and LOVES his swing. His swing has come in big handy on those nights he decides he isn't quite ready for bed, but you can tell he is just fighting going to sleep. I take those nights as the nights that he just wants to spend more time with his mom and dad. He is still doing great with his head movements, sometimes he acts like a little bobble head and moves his head too much, but again, I think he is just trying to take in the world. He has come to love, and I mean LOVE his little hands. He not only flings them every which way, but he loves to suck on them. We have noticed that he sucks on them when he is hungry and he really sucks on them when he is tired. It is a nice little indicator (instead of the wailing) for us to know what he is wanting/needing. Pretty much he is staying on key with what the books say he should be at developmentally, and with everything the pediatrician told us when we were last there. We go in on Wednesday for his 2 month check up (EEKKKK... two months already!!!), so I will make sure to post his follow up stats!!

Breastfeeding is still going great. He has really gotten to be a pro at feeding times and doesn't linger when it comes to eating, which makes it oh so nice for me! We have a pretty solid routine from day to day and as the days whip by the routine gets easier and easier. He is feeding about every three hours during the day, with those occasional 4-5 hour stretches. Night time he is giving us a 7 hour solid sleep on most nights, and then he is up every 3-4 hours. We usually put him to bed around 8:30-9:00 and he will sleep till about 3:30-4:00, then he eats, and goes back to sleep till about 6-7am, then usually he will go back to sleep after that feeding, but it really varies on the day!! Most days we get to sleep in and start our day around 10:30. I have no clue what I am going to do when I have to go back to work!!!

He is really making mommy a very happy person with everything he does. We do have those occasional nights/feedings where we are not happy people (neither him nor myself), but in the end those days are few and far. I am getting plenty of sleep, and able to do all the things I want to do, especially being able to enjoy that glass of wine or beer when I want. I am lucky to say that all my pregnancy weight has come off and I am back in my regular clothes. For the people who know me, this was a major worry when I got pregnant! So, to be able to put back on my pre-pregnancy jeans makes me very happy :)

Michael is obviously loving being a daddy! He is just so cute with Carter. I wish that he could have taken the same amount of "paternity", that I have taken as maternity leave, to be able to spend as much time with Carter as I have. Not that he has missed out on anything with our little guy, but it would just be nice so that he could be in the day to day activity with us. Michael does get his fair share of Carter time when he is home though, I try to sit back and just watch them so that Michael can get in every minute with Carter that he can.

We have been busy loving life and staying busy. I am trying to soak up all my time with my little monkey as much as possible because before I know it will be Jan 1st and I will be heading back into work, and starting school soon after!!!!

Stay tuned for the picture update blog!!!

J and M

1 comment: