Thursday, November 17, 2011

Carter's Baptism

Saturday evening we baptized Carter into the Catholic Church. We were lucky enough to have Monsignor Breier (the same man who married Michael and I) baptize Carter. It was such a beautiful ceremony, and we were lucky enough to be surrounded by an abundance of family and friends to share with us this special day for Carter. We can not thank everyone enough for being there in support of Carter. He may not know it now, but he will soon enough that you all mean the world to Michael and I and to him as well.
Our little baptized baby!
Monsignor Breier, Carter, Me and Michael
Our Little Family
We chose my sister Nikki to be Carter's Godmother and we chose Michael's brother Todd to be the Godfather. The two of them not only stood up next to Michael and I at our wedding, but they both mean so much to us. We could not have asked for better godparents for Carter. We know that they will be great role models for Carter, and will be there for him not only as his aunt and uncle, but as a spiritual leader as well.
Nikki, Carter and Todd

After the ceremony we had all of our guests back to Michael's parents house for drinks and dinner! We feasted on some delicious roast beef from LeGrands, mostcacolli (from my mom's kitchen), salad (from Michael's moms kitchen) and an AMAZING cake and set of cupcakes from Kreative Kakes. It was so nice to get to catch up with everyone, and let Carter meet and hang out with all the people that mean so much to us. Carter was loved on the whole night, and passed around like a little sack of potatoes. He loved it so much that he slept through the whole night!!! Big thanks to my in-laws for letting us host the party at their house, and for everything they did to help us out for the night! It was a special evening and turned out great. I am pretty sure everyone had a good time!!!

To commemorate the first few weeks of our little man's life, I sat down on Friday and made a video of all the pictures we had to date of him. I added some music, and what did I end up with a tear jerker (well, for me at least) of a video. For some reason it would not let me load it to my blog. Which is totally disappointing! I am still working on figuring it out and when I do I will make sure to share it with you all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment