The weeks are flying by and I cannot believe that I am into week 3 of being back to work. Little man is doing great with all of his wonderful sitters, and I am so thankful that he is in such good hands during the day. It really makes me being at work a lot easier!!
Last week, I started back up to school. For most of you who know me, I am working on getting my Masters in Elementary Education, and I have been working on this program for 1.5 years! i graduated with my BA in Communications with high hopes of working in PR, but it seems as though I just couldn't find a job. So, I decided that going back and getting my MAT and certification would be a great option for our family. I will get summers off, holidays off and when Carter starts school we will be on the same schedule!! The way my plan has worked out, I could possibly be done with everything by the Spring time next year!
Having to take classes at night has never been an issue, (even when I was nine months pregnant) until now. Those two classes last week killed me, being away from my little man for such a long period time was miserable. I am lucky though that he doesn't go to bed right away and that by the time I come home he is still awake for me to feed and play with him for a bit before we snuggle ourselves to sleep.
I am beyond thankful for the chance to get to pursue my Masters. Michael has been an awesome supportive husband, by standing by me and allowing me to take these night classes so I can hurry up and be finished!! I know that it is not easy working all day, and then having to come home and be a single dad for a night two nights a week, but he sure does make it look easy!! I would not be able to have worked so hard over the past 1.5 had it not been for the support of not only Michael, but our families as well!! Going back to school is definitely going to be a pay off in the long run. So, for now I am going to just keep trucking through my night classes and know that even though I cant be with my little man for those few hours at night, I have a lifetime of minutes to spend with him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment