Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Sloan!!

Immediately following the first of the year we celebrated the first birthday of our niece, Sloan!

 I cannot believe how quickly the year has gone by and how big she has gotten.The day we found out that Todd and Laura were expecting was one of the best days ever, not only for them but for us to. We have both been waiting for one of our siblings to have kids, and when it became a reality it was beyond thrilling. It has been so neat to watch Sloan grow from that adorable 7 lb little girl, to the walking little machine that she is now. Sloan is the first little niece to Michael and I, so she is pretty special! We could not love her more. She truly puts a huge smile on both of our faces, and I couldn't imagine our lives without her!! She has been so much fun to watch grow, and is always so fun and loving to be around!!!

 My new favorite thing about Sloan is that she loves Carter oh so much. She is always wanting to play with him and kiss on him, it melts my heart. I cannot wait for the next few months when Carter gets bigger and can play with Sloan. I just hope he loves her as much as she loves him. Because I am pretty sure she will be heart broken.

When Carter was first born, Laura told me to make sure I soak up all the little moments with boo, and now I know what she meant. They grow up so fast and they don't stop! I know that they grow into these great little characters and they start to become little people, and I can't wait for that. But, what I wouldn't give to stop time to keep Carter this little forever!!!

The plus side to having an adorable little niece is that I get to do some "girl" shopping that I don't get to do with Carter, and let me tell you I LOVE shopping for her! Girls clothes are way cuter than boy clothes, and there are so many more options!!!! Another plus side to having Sloan around is that I learn something new everytime I am around her. She is the "future" for what Carter is going to be like, and its so nice that I have Sloan to help me see what my future is going to be like when boo gets bigger!

For Sloans big day, Todd and Laura threw a spankin' fun "Cupcake" themed party and Sloan seemed to have a great time!!!


Just a few of the Birthday Girls Presents

Sloan was not a huge fan of the cake, but she did eat some of it!

Sloan opening her present from us. I made her a super cute MONEY Tissue box, and got her a matching sock monkey! Now she has the cousin Gabby, and Carter has Rusty!!!

Carter taking in the fun!

We ate pizza from, Pointers, in which they served two large 28 inch pizzas! No joke, not only are these pizzas the size of a dining room table, they are amazingly yummy!!

We had a very yummy cake from Kreative Kakes and it was the most adorable little cake ever!!


 Laura, who may be the next party planner of the family (LOL) made some very yummy cupcakes, and even got creative and whipped the icing on top of them herself-complete with the professional cupcake boxes to go for the guests!!
Laura with the Infamous Cupcakes and their matching to go boxes!
The kids got to run around outside and play (since it was like 55 degrees) and the funniest part of the whole day was the kiddos trying to break open the cupcake pinata. It was so funny to watch these little ones try to break open the pinata. they finally managed to get it broken open and watching them try and bag their candy was hilarious!!
The Pinata
The day could not of been more perfect for little Sloan!!!! I cannot wait to celebrate many more birthdays with this little girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment