Today was a big day for our little man, he turned 4 months old and a whole bunch of new and exciting things happened for him today.
We started off our day by going to the doctor and he is weighing in at 16.1 pounds, and 25.5 inches in length! He is in the 74th percentile for both weight and height!! He got two more vaccines (in shot form) and one via liquid. He always does a good job with his shots at first, but the second shot always does him in too much and he lets out a big scream!! It doesn't last ery long, but the poor little guy! I can't even watch when they give him a shot because it makes me cringe!!!
Our two biggest concerns with the little man that we wanted to address with the peditrician were A. the sleep issue, and B. letting Carter eat more, and maybe making the transition to cereal/baby food!
Our peditrician first and foremost is amazing, he always answers all of our questions and really puts us at ease when we are there. He gave us some good advice today that we are really going to have to try and enforce in the house.
First, he wants Carter to sleep in his own bed, and that we are going to have to let him Cry It Out when we put him down. He said that Carter is at the age where he knows that if he cries then we will come get him, and we can't do that, because in the long run its not going to be good for us. This is going to be hard, and I know it's going to put a little bit of stress on Michael and I and the "perfect" little world we have created with our little guy. BUT... we have to first and foremost think of what is best for boo, and we do not want to have issues with him sleeping later... So, crying it out is going to be what we do, starting TODAY!!!
The eating issue was addressed and we are going to start Carter on some rice cereal. We are going to get to feed him some in the am, and some in the pm for now, and once he gets used to this we can maybe start dabbling him in some baby food! We dabbled in the cereal tonight and he ate a little bit. Not too much but he ate enough. I think we are more excited about him starting on other food, than I think he is. It is the next step in his life, and we are so eager for him to transition to the big people world. We also became aware that he might need to be eating a little more than four ounces, so we started him today by eating five ounces. It is so hard to even know how much he is eating when he eats because we are still nursing (YEP... still nursing!! Go Me!), so the only time I really know that he is even getting four ounces is when he is at the Grandmas houses and eating out of the bottle! Hopefully both of these things will help the little man start sleeping through the night and sleeping in his own bed!
Another exciting thing that happened today was that boo transitioned from his bath tub to the big boy tub. Over the weekend he was in the bathtub and he learned how to really splash, and he got water ALL over the kitchen counter. So, we made the decision to move him into the bathtub and he LOVED it!!!! We put his little "jacuzzi" jet in the tub and he got a big kick out of!! Like many other times, he was in the tub for a matter of minutes and the pee sprayed all over! Crazy how that happens MOST of the time! He has gotten alot better with bath time over the past month. We at first thought he hated it and now he has come to like getting clean, so bathtime is alot more fun!!!
As he makes all these new changes, I can't help but get a little sentimental. I cannot believe that he is already four months old, and I cannot believe how big he has gotten. He is just starting to get to be so much fun, and I know its going to start getting really fun; but a tad bit part of me wishes I could just freeze time. Since I can't I will just hold all these memories we have made into my little box inside my heart!!
Here's to all the fun things that lie ahead!!
J
No comments:
Post a Comment