Monday, January 16, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's back to Work I go

Well, the time came for me to go back to work, and before I knew it Tuesday turned into Friday.  I approached going back to work like the plague. Everyone told me it was going to be hard and that I was going to really struggle with it. Lucky for me, I came back to an office that really missed me (need me, is more like it) and my work load was there on my desk as proof  Thus, my days seemed to whiz by and before I knew it, it was time to enjoy the weekend with my little family.
Hanging out with Daddy while Mommy is at work!!

Watching Cartoons, hiding from Tom and Jerry Daddy said
 Now, don't get me wrong I missed spending every waking second with my little guy. I mean three months of not working and just getting to snuggle and bond with my little guy was amazing and definitely hard to give up. I mean, have you seen my baby? He is pretty scrumptious! I think because I knew from the time I got pregnant that being a stay at home mommy was not in the cards for me, and I knew that I didn't really have the option of  not working, that it helped with me going back to work. My job is needed to help contribute to our family, and I am totally ok with that. I I know that one day (when my Masters/Certification is completed) I will be teaching and with all the holidays that we are given it will be worth it. But for now, I will work and help contribute financially to our little family and concentrate on finishing my Masters so that one day I will be able to spend all those days off with my little man.
Hamming it up with Aunt Kelly while Mom is at work!

Now, I did call or text to check in with the sitter everyday and I plastered a mass amount of pictures of boo all over my office (I guess I thought I would forget what he looked like)!! Plus, being at work I got to talk to everyone about my new little man! Everyone wanted to see pictures, hear stories and just catch up, thus a little adult time during the day was nice!! I mean, I love watching Sesame Street, and Sid the Science Kid, and I of course love being needed by my little man; but creating Spreadsheets, and creating reports and taking a few orders from the boss was something I kind of missed. I mean, I need to stimulate my brain and working does that!!!

Hanging out with Mommy on our Monday Funday!
I don't think I could be a full time stay at home mom. I give major kuddos to all those mommies that do it, but I just don't think that I could. I love my little guy, but I also love working in an environment where I know my job matters. I may not be saving lives, or doing something to save the world, but my boss (I think) knows that I am pretty valuable to his company, and thus that makes me feel good. I know, I know I am missing out on alot of Carter growing up by working, but for now I am fortunate enough that I do get to spend every Monday with my little man, as I did go from working five days a week to four, and those Mondays are just packed with lots of mommy/Carter time! I don't do anything but play and snuggle on those days, and I love it!!

Now, I know its only been a few weeks since I went back to work, but I think that Carter and I are both doing really well with the adjustment. I used to come home and do things around the house, things that don't get done on our very busy weekends, but I have learned that all those things can wait and i just enjoy my evenings with my two favorite guys!! For someone like me, its hard to sit still and do nothing, but I know that there wont always be moments like this (when he is little) thus I am working on just focusing on my little family. Because in the end that is all that really matters. Creating a life that works for everyone in our family is just what we are doing, and I think for the Schmidts its just perfect!!

Carter is just loving going and spending time with his Grandmas, and he thinks his Aunt Kelly is pretty cool, so for now its working and for now it will have to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment