Monday, January 9, 2012

Merry Christmas to All and To All a Good Night

Christmas has come and gone and I can not believe it. I am a little relieved though that the holidays are over and that the new year has begun. We are always so busy running around with all the holiday parties and with all the family that we have to see, that we don't really get to stop and enjoy the true meaning of Christmas.

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with our families, and I cannot stress how incredibly lucky we are that we have such great families. We are truly blessed that we get to spend the holidays with our loved ones (not all of them, because my brothers live in different states).

Christmas Eve Carter and I went to my Grandma Gee's for lunch with that side of the family. It is always so nice to get to see everyone on that side, since it is the only time of the year that we get to see them. It is so weird how grown up we are all now. We all have kids and husbands, wives, and girlfriends, it just doesn't seem possible for us all to have grown up all ready!! My Grandpa sure would be proud of all of us for continuing the Christmas tradition with Grandma, and for us all being together!! This holiday visit was also the first for Carter to meet all his cousins, and his Great Grandma Gee!! Carter really seemed to like her, and she sure did get a kick out of him!! I wish she didn't live so far away that we could see her more.
Carter and Great Grandma Gee

Cousin Jay and Carter

Cousin Reese and Carter

Me, Aunt Nikki and Carter

Grandma and the Gee and Wilson Girls

Cousin Cory and Cousin Asher

Cousin Reese and Cousin Max


After Carter and I spent the afternoon with the Gee side we hurried back home to get to church by 4 o'clock. After we went to church we went to the annual Wagner Christmas. Michael has been attending this event for a long time and when I started going I fell in love immediately with the Wagners. Especially the little cuties of Jeff and Abby's. This year we added three more babies to the family, Jeff and Abby had their third little bundle Izzy, and Jon and Jamie welcomed their first bundle Donovan, and of course Carter. This year little Charlie Wagner (who was our ring bearer in our wedding) gave us a little bit of entertainment with his mad dancing skills, that I am sure he got from his dad. Charlie is by far one of the cutest little boys I have ever come into contact with. He is always so happy, and he is really smart, and extremely funny!!!! Give it a few years and we will have all the kids doing dancing skits for us!!!



 After the Wagners Michael and I headed home to enjoy some late nights apps, and a few more cocktails before Santa made his stop at our house. I was hoping that Carter would want to stay up late with us as well but, he wasn't into it this year. I will hope next year he will be!! I guess all that present opening will do that to ya!!!

Christmas morning came very quickly and with that we had to get a good jump start to our day bright and early. We had to be at the 'rents for lunch and present opening at 12. So, we popped in the breakfast casserole, made some mimosas and coffee and got to opening presents. I cannot express how fortunate I am to have such a thoughtful husband, he came up with some great Christmas ideas (on his own and with a bit of help) that I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas. My favorite present of all the very wonderful  things were the calendar he had made of pictures of all our family, and the ring that has Carters birthstones in it!! Good Job dear!!!
Carter made out like a bandit from Santa. He was only around for a few months of 2011, but Santa sure did give him some great gifts!! Even though he wasn't really into opening presents (for obvious reasons) he sure did enjoy playing with some of them!!!





After we opened presents (which again, wore boo out)

we got ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for lunch and presents!!


No comments:

Post a Comment