Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Another Week Bites the Dust

Week 31



Hello Week 32!!!! 8 more weeks (or sooner) till we hopefully get to meet our little baby boy!!!

Week 31 was jammed packed with lots of activities (baby related, and friend related). All leading to a very exhausted Mama-to-be on Sunday, but totally worth it!!!
We completed our Baptism Class last week, and as much as we were not really looking forward to sitting in a class for an hour or so, we learned alot. Needless to say we left informed, and ready to baptize our little man!!!
I also co-hosted a bridal shower at my mom's house on Friday evening for one of my best friends, Kelly! She is getting married in the "Land of Corn" aka Nebraska the first weekend in September! Michael and I are both in the wedding, and I have been looking forward to this since Kelly and Jason got engaged!!! I am crossing my fingers, and toes (and legs) that I am not dilated at all. Because if I am dilated by any sort of centimeters, I cannot partake in the Nebraska wedding and I will be so very upset!!! The shower was Friday night and we hosted it outdoors. A little crazy with the heat being so extremely hot, but it turned out nice and she got a lot of great gifts!!! We had these amazing chicken sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches and cheese spread sandwiches to eat. Along with some very yummy pasta salad, and strawberry spinach salad!!! To top it off I picked up some mini brownies and pedafores from McArthurs and mastered for the first time mini cupcakes! Everything was very good, along with the homemade Sangria Jessica made! (I of course did not get to sample this, but did have some pink lemonade that was quite refreshing!) Since the shower was so small, I opted to do a long dining table complete with place settings for every guest!! Since Kelly is having a fall themed wedding, I opted for everything fall on the table!!! It turned out amazing!! I am going to have keep everything ready for Thanksgiving time, because it turned out so great!!!!!

The Table
The Hostesses and the Bride to Be


Saturday I spent the day prepping for the Bachelorette Party for Kelly that I was hosting at my house that evening!!!! I tried to get in a little nap that afternoon, but it didn't appear to happen. We started off the night at my house with cocktails and appetizers and gifts of Lingerie for the bride to be, followed by dinner at this new Mexican restaurant off wash Ave called Rosalitas Cantina! We made a pit stop at the Piano Bar Jive and Wail before we headed out the club, Mandarin to dance the night away at our private table!! Needless to say everyone had a great time, and I stayed out till 3am!!!!!!! CRAZY!

Don't get me wrong, Sunday came and I was exhausted, but I had so much fun and was so glad that I could make myself stay out that late to partake in all the fun with the fellow bridesmaids, bride and her friends!!!!!!! We had a pool party to attend Sunday afternoon to attend, and I was just beat. So after soaking up the sun for about 5 hours, and eating a nice big dinner, I was ready for bed (at 7pm!!!)


Carter didn't seem to mind all the late night partying that he participated in. He slept pretty much through both nights events!!!! But, come Sunday and Monday my little man was kicking, punching and rolling up a storm.

At 31 weeks he is moving his head from side to side, and his little body is plumping out!!!! He is prepping himself for his arrival into the world. His little brain is developing faster than ever. i am still feeling great, this heat is not stopping me from enjoying this pregnancy or the remainder of my summer. I am having mild cramping at night time only which again, I had a few weeks ago, and there is nothing to be concerned about! It is getting a little harder to roll over in bed at night, but I am still sleeping quite well!!! Even though, Missy has decided she wants to start acting like a baby and getting mom and dad up at night!! Overall, I am still LOVING being pregnant, and enjoying all the fun things that have come along with my pregnancy. I am hoping that my no swelling, no puffiness, no aches and pains stay away as long as possible!!!!

Looking forward to week 32, because we not only have our last baby shower, but we have our birthing class and we get to REDO our 3D ultrasound on Friday! We get to redo the ultrasound because the DVD that came with it was faulty, so we get to go in and have it done all over again!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!


Here's to 8 more weeks of little Carter baking away in my belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment