Don't think I have abandoned my blog, because I haven't!!! I have been busy organizing, and getting ready for Carter's arrival!! As of today we only have 42 days till our due date!!!! I have tried sitting down to write my blog for week 32 for 6 days now and just have not had the second to do so.
So to fill you in on everything...
Week 32 is now gone and over with. Week 32 consisted of getting to re-do Carter's ultrasound (DVD worked this time), our birthing class, our maternity pictures and my last baby shower!
We got to see little man in 3D for the second time in less than a week and I was pretty stoked about that. He hadn't changed at all. Still has those super cute dimples (I think he gets them from his oh so cute daddy), and my little nose, and for some reason his little lips looked HUGE!!! I think he must have been sticking them out at us, because neither Michael nor I have big lips!!!!!! Since that last ultrasound I have been doing a lot of visioning of what he is going to look like. I have wanted a miniature Michael since the day we found out we were having a boy, so I am still hoping that he looks like his daddy!!! Not that I do not want him to look like me, but I just think Michael is so cute, and he was an even cuter baby!!!!! Well, time will tell who he is going to favor more!!
Our Birthing Class was an all day affair. We started bright and early at 8am and ended around 3pm with several other couples at St. John's Mercy Educational Class. It was a very informative class and I am so glad we took it. I learned alot about the delivery process (lots I didn't know), and I learned quite a few exercises to help me during the deliver process. I have always thought you were bed bound when delivering, but little did I know you can get up and do different techniques to help your deliver go smoother and a little faster!! I am hoping that I am not in too much pain because as son as you get your epidural, your bed bound. I am crossing my fingers that my delivery allows me to be up and moving so I can ease my pain with these techniques we learned in class! I highly recommend first time parents to take the class!! It was definitely worth it!
Our maternity pictures were taken by a childhood friend of mines husband who started up a photography business a year or so ago! He does amazing work. Mostly weddings, but he also does a lot of family shoots, boudoir sessions, engagement sessions and maternity sessions. He really is one of the most talented people I know, I highly recommend him for all your portrait needs!!!!! I only have one proof to share, but from this one proof I cannot wait to see what other great shots he took!!!

Check Keith out at:
http://www.keithleestudios.com/
To top off my 32nd week, I had my Wilson Family and Friends Shower!!!

It was so beautiful! My lovely sister and best friends threw me such a great shower!!!! It was a sports themed shower and from the moment I got the invitations i knew it was going to be great!!!!! They served chicken salad sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, fruits, veggies, a Gr

eek Salad, Carterade, ice tea, and had a chocolate and yellow sports themed cake. We drank out of these cute mason jars with little "Its A Boy" Charms, and

everyone filled out an advice card that I read out loud as we were opening gifts!!!
Everything was so great, and the cake was uber yummy, I ate on it at work all week (maybe that's why I gained an extra pound that week)! It was such a great day and a great way to welcome Carter into the world and so many loved ones got to attend!
For some reason the tears flowed like crazy at this shower. It started with a card from my sister in law that was just so nice, I teared up. Then I opened a Cardinals themed basket from my step dad that had so much cute Cardinals stuff in it, including a little onesie that was monogrammed on that back that said "Lil Schmilson." Now, for those of you who know Tolie, he has a special place in my heart. He has been more than a step-dad to me over the past 8 years, he really has been like a dad. He does so
much for Michael and I, and I cannot wait for Carter to get here to meet him. We have always called each other by our last names, and when I got married two years ago he decided that since I was not a Wilson anymore he would start calling me Schmilson. So, that's why the onesie was monogrammed with Lil Schmilson on it! I loved it!!
It means so much coming from a man who has been so great to me over the past 8 years!! I then opened up the gift from my mom, and she had personalized a recordable book for Carter from her. It was so thoughtful, it made me cry again (Thanks Mom!). I am so eager for my parents to get to meet Carter, as he is going to be the first grandchild on my side of the family for them! Carter has no idea how much they already love him and all the hopes and dreams they already have in store for him.
Carter got so much stuff at this shower, I seriously thought that I was never to going to be done opening my gift

s!!!! Little man seriously has everything he needs, he will more than likely never have to wear the same outfit twice. It is crazy how much stuff he has!!! We have very minimal things to return to Babies R Us and only a handful of things that we didn't get! We are truly so blessed, and I can not thank our family and friends enough for all the wonderful things that we received!!!
Another cute thing the girls did at my shower, was in lieu of cards from each guest; they asked that each guest bring a book for Carter. His little collection of books is already started and he is not even here yet!!! He got so many cute books, I cannot wait till he is here so we can start reading them together!!

I thanked all my lovely hostesses by giving them each a personalized Jeska Designery necklace, much like the one I have. i am so lucky to have such a talented friend who does such great work to be able to give out these wonderful handmade gifts for people! Check out her website at
http://www.jeskadesignery.com/ Each one of my hostesses received either a monogram of their last name, or for my two besties who have kids I had her make them necklaces with their baby's names on them, and for my sister I had her make an "aunt" one! They turned out so great, and all the girls loved them!!!!! I am so thankful for each of those lovely ladies in my life. They have brought me so much joy, memories and I could not be blessed with better friends!!!

My Lovely Hostesses
No comments:
Post a Comment