Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1.2.3.4.5.6

Count em 1.2.3.4.5.6 more weeks till we meet little Carter Michael! Where has the time gone???? Week 34 flew by so super quickly, and needless to say I was not ready for it to be over!! Week 35 and 36 are going to be super busy and I just wasn't ready for 34 to be over with!!! I am excited about the upcoming events of weeks 35-36 but man time is just a zooommmming by!!!!! Which, everyone keeps telling me is a good thing, because apparently sometimes pregnancy time can seem to slow down towards the end for some mama to be's!!

Week 34 was filled with completely finishing the nursery, making our final Babies R Us run, our 34 week doctor appointment, our Anniversary and a very nice surprise shopping trip with the hubs!! Needless to say it was eventful!!

We started out week 34 by returning stuff that we got duplicates of back to Babies R US, and getting all of our last minute things we needed before Carter arrives. Fortunately we were so blessed at our two showers that we did not have to buy much stuff!!! Most of our big items were already purchased for us, so we needed a few small items, and Carters exersaucer, and one more car seat base!! It was fun doing the last minute shopping for him, Michael and I haven't been into Babies R Us together since we registered, so it was nice to get spend some time picking out the last few things we needed together! With time closing in, I am getting VERY anxious to meet our little man!! And I know that Michael is even more anxious! He mentioned yesterday that he would like him to come anytime after 37 weeks, he said 37.5 weeks works for him! He is really ready to meet his little buddy, and I cannot wait to see the two of them together! He is going to be such a great dad, and I am sure I will fall even more in love with Michael once I see him with our baby boy!!!

Tuesday we went in for our 34 week appointment. I had been feeling great up until that day! I had a mild case of some cramping that would not go away. I couldn't tell if it was contractions or not, it was just a pain that lingered for the entire car ride to the doctor I also felt like my pelvic area was really tight and actually was getting pretty uncomfortable (like something was setting up shop in there), but she said she thought that Carters head may have dropped already, but not to be concerned! This visit was really just the doctor making us aware of what to expect if for some reason Carter decided to come. Like I have mentioned in past posts, our doctor is so relaxed and has made this whole pregnancy very easy for me. At first I was super neurotic and had so many questions and concerns, she has really put me at ease over the past 23 weeks! She had no concerns with anything happening with me, and since I have been feeling good she let me go with a good report card. I did have her go ahead and check me to make sure I wasn't dilated at all, since we are supposed to be traveling to Nebraska come two weeks! And... sure enough his head had dropped, but I am not dilated! I am just crossing my fingers (and legs) that Carter has not made me dilated by our 36 week appointment, because I still really really really want to go to the Schlueter wedding!!!

Saturday this past weekend we spent it poolside soaking up the last days of the summer sun!!! It was supposed to be the last BBQ with all our friends before summer ended, but with everyone's crazy schedules it ended up just being Michael and I by the pool all day! It was pretty nice, just relaxing, catching up on my Kindle reading, and enjoying the day with Michael! Todd and Laura and our little Boo Sloan did join us for dinner which was nice company! Thanks to Laura and her new iPhone I am now addicted to the Hanging with Friends App! Hopefully it doesn't distract me too much from my school work and regular work!!!

Sunday and Monday Michael and I spent the day together celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary!!! I am saving a whole blog post for this so details to follow!

Overall week 34 went by pretty quickly and lucky lucky me I am still feeling great!!!! No swelling, no puffiness, and no real aches or pains. Overall I am still sleeping like a log and enjoying everything I have enjoyed before! I know, I know I am boring... I am sure you are all wishing that I had some sort of issue so that I would write about it. Trust me, I feel bad that I feel so great, considering most of my friends who have been pregnant, or are pregnant have had some sort of issue and just were ready to have their baby already! But... Not me! I still love being pregnant, and I love feeling him kick around inside me like crazy! I mean, don't get me wrong, I cannot wait to meet him. But, I want to meet him when he is good and ready! If he knows me at all by now, he knows I am a planner, so I would like him to stay caput for at least 3 more weeks!!! Since his head has dropped, every time I get up I do have to pee! I mean its crazy how much pressure there is down there when someones little head is sitting upon your bladder!!! Again, I can't complain its not too terrible! I do only have one small complaint, because his little head is sitting on my bladder I have to really take my time putting on my pants in the morning, because lifting my leg can be quite uncomfortable if his head is fixated in a certain spot. But... again nothing that I can't handle!!!!

Week 34

No comments:

Post a Comment