I hit the 6 month mark today and I cannot believe that we are already 6 months into this pregnancy! It is so exciting to think that in just a few short months Carter will be here for us to hold and love on!! I cannot wait!! I cannot wait for him to meet not only his daddy and I, but to meet all his aunts and uncles and grandparents; plus all those new little buddies that have arrived over the last few months!! I just cannot wait!!!
Yesterday was my 24 week appointment, and my Glucose test! The Glucose test was NOTHING like what everyone has made me picture in my head! It was really easy! They took my blood, gave me some Orange syrupy drink (tasted like HI-C orange) and then I waited for an hour, another blood test, saw the doctor, and then waited another 20 minutes for another blood test! It was way easier than I imagined! My results should be in by Friday/Monday, so hopefully I am in the clear!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!
My appointment was eventful enough! We got to hear Carter's heartbeat again, right around 160. It has pretty much been high from the get go, which is why we originally thought he was a girl! Other than that my doctor just answered a slew of my questions, and then we were on our way. No ultrasound today, but we are going to schedule our 3d ultrasound for our next visit or maybe wait till our 32 week visit, so until then I just have to keep picturing what I think Carter looks like (we decided last night that we hope he has blonde hair and blue eyes).
I have been soaking up the rays the past few weekends, and finally am not looking like Casper anymore!! YEA!! Since I have been laying out I did finally notice the line that appears on your belly during pregnancy (medical terminology is "linea nigra"), at first I was a little freaked out by it, but nothing is as freaky as my belly button almost making its way to poking out!!! AH!!!!! I am hoping and praying that my belly button stays put, but it is slowing looking like it might pop out! I know, I know, it's not a big deal, but I am really liking that I can wear fitting shirts and look cute! I won't be able to do that with a belly button that is poking out! Ew!!!! Along with this crazy belly button poking out non-sense, I also have bruising around my belly button from my belly getting bigger! I was told yesterday that there are no worries about this, but again another episode where I freaked out a bit! Other than that the only other issue happening these days is that Carter apparently has decided that he wants to set up shop on my right side, which is causing me some right sided pain. The doctor mentioned that his head could possible be over there so that is the cause of my back issues! But I am feeling good, and still enjoying my pregnancy!! No swollen-ness, no puffiness, and I still am looking like my normal self, so what is there not to love!!!!!!!!
Until next time....
J
No comments:
Post a Comment