This past week I had two people ask me, "How do you do it? How do you manage to stay so busy and so crazy hectic all the time, and love it and be pregnant at the same time? I cannot wait to see you with a baby, and see if your life is still crazy busy, because you know your going to have to give up some stuff when the baby comes."
This really got me thinking... Yes, I am always crazy busy. I don't like to sit still, I like to constantly have something to do (because there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done). I love taking on too much and being crazy hectic. That is just who I am. I am not a person who likes to sit still for long. Hell a few years ago, I held several jobs at a time, because I WANTED TO!!! Yes, I take time out of the craziness to make sure that I spend time with my husband, and enjoy life. I just can't help that I am always busy! I just love being overwhelmed with stuff. Plus, I am super organized and really good at time management, so for me I make it all work. I make time to spend with my friends, I make time to work when I need to be working, I make time to keep my house clean, I make time to plan and host showers/parties... I make time for everything.
Does this mean my life is always going to be this way? NO, I obviously want to cherish every little minute with my new little man and hubby, and I want to be able to live life with no regrets. So, when Carter comes will I slow down? YES, I am sure I will. I want to be able to enjoy every moment and I will, because like being crazy busy, spending time with Carter and Michael is more important to me than anything. I know that my life is going to change when he comes, and I am OK with that. I am OK with the fact that not everything is going to go just perfect, and that I am going to have to make adjustments, and say no to attending/planning things. I know this... But, I also know that just because you have a family doesn't mean that you have to miss out on opportunities to do things you love. I won't sacrifice my family time for things, but I will try to make the time to do all the things I love once he comes.
I think this crazy busy life I have is great, and I am lucky that through all of it I have the best friend/husband ever who supports me with all my craziness!
So, for all you people out there wondering how I am going to do it all after Carter comes, you will just have to wait and see...
No comments:
Post a Comment