Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Let's Get Crafty

Lately, I have been working on becoming more and more crafty. 
 
Over the fall I came up with a bunch of wooden holiday blocks, and let me tell you, they turned out super cute. BUT.... they did take a really long time to make. it probably took forever because Kelly and I made like 9 sets of each of these blocks!!! It was crazy!!! But, they turned out great and made cute gifts for our families!! We did Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day. Really any kind of set can me custom made!!  Here are a few pictures of the finished products. I need to find the other pictures of the other blocks!!
 
Give Thanks Blocks

I'm Not Irish But KISS ME Anyway Blocks
 
Halloween


 
Besides holiday blocks I also made a wedding date and name block, that I gave as gifts to for Christmas!! I absolutely loved how these turned out!!! Picture a little grainy so it looks messed up! But they are super cute! I need to take an updated pic!
 
 
Along with the block making, I have also taken to jewelry stamping. I love the round hand stamped names that everyone has, but I saw on pinterest an idea to do them with washers, and when they were all done, I was in LOVE!! They turned out so cute, and are different than the traditional full circle ones. What do you think?
 
Quinn washer, no ring

Quinn washer with ring

Jackson without ring


I have thought about possibly making and selling both of these items as they were fun to make, and something that I know people might be interested in buying!

Thoughts? Or interested, let me know! The blocks can be custom made with names or holdiays or really anything that you want it to say, and the same with the necklace, they are not limited to just names!!

Till next time
J

No comments:

Post a Comment