This year our Valentine's Day was a little bit different than it had been in the past. That morning Carter came to work with me for an hour or so so Grandma could run into work for a bit. it was a fun little hour of Carter checking out everything in the office (fax machine buttons were his favorite), and just eating donuts and spending our morning together while we waited on Grandma to get there.
| Playing on Mommys Desk |
Later on that morning after Carter left I was surprised with the most beautiful flowers I think I have received to date. I had been telling Michael that flowers were not necessary for Valentines Day this year, because they are always so expensive and most of the time the flowers die within less than a week. Which always makes me so mad, because they are so expensive. BUT, since when has Michael listened to me? So I was in complete awe when these beauties arrived to the office:
Once Carter was dropped off at work we headed over to Toys R Us so he could pick out his Valentines Day gift. Michael and I had been talking about getting him a broom for a while now, since he is so obsessed with our broom. So, he picked one out and boy, he was the happiest little kid ever. He didn't even want to let it go to pay for it. He loves that broom so much that on two occasions he has slept with it in his bed. He is crazy!! But, I am so glad that he loved it, and he actually uses it!!
Michael was filling in for the plant manager at Clean all week, so his schedule required him to work late. So boo and I made a romantic dinner of grilled cheese, grapes and cheetos and had a picnic on the floor in the living room. It was actually pretty sweet, and it made up for Michael not being there!! We were of course sad that Daddy had to work late, but we were excited that it was Thursday and we had the whole weekend to spend with Daddy/Michael!! When Michael got home he ate some dinner, and we ate some chocolate and just relaxed! It was not our usual Valentines Day together, but it was pretty darn perfect!!
We of course ended our day with a photo shoot to celebrate the occasion!!
| Eating his yummy cooke that Grandma and Grandpa Tolie gave him, while rocking his new pj's |
| Cheese |
Next year we will have two little bundles to celebrate this LOVE filled holiday!
Till next time
J
No comments:
Post a Comment