Over a week ago we celebrated our little rookie at his "Stadium" themed party. If you ask Michael, I have (not really) been planning this birthday since the day he was born. I love party planning and thus, that means that Carter is stuck with having themed party. FOREVER!! This year we opted to do a "Rookie of the Year" party and I could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out.

I opted to make all the decorations for the party, and I was so glad that I did. They were pretty awesome!I started by wrapping my whole theme around a CONCESSION stand idea I found on pinterest. I made this very awesome balloon wreath for the front door, which was super easy and a great addition for all his upcoming birthday parties!! The concession stand consisted of everything from hamburgers and hotdogs to ballpark nachos, cracker jacks, chips, popcorn, pretzels, twizzlers, gumballs, crackerjacks and peanuts. I found nacho containers, hamburger baskets, peanut bags, and popcorn containers for everything to go in, and it all went together perfectly. The kids got to play on the swingset, and run around chasing each other. We filled up a baseball pinata and the kids went to town hitting it up. It was a huge success of a party, and I could not be happier with how everything looked and turned out!!
 |
| Balloon Wreath |
 |
| Smash cake that I made |
 |
| Birthday cake and cupcakes that the wonderful Robin made!! |
The cake is always my favorite part of any party, and this birthday bash was no different. I whipped up a smash birthday cake for little boo boo, and it turned out pretty darn cute. I opted to make this cake, because I made one for his SMASH pictures and really didn't want to pay for a cake that he was going to just smash up and not really eat. The birthday cake was made by my dear cousin's friend Robin, who is absolutely amazing! I sent her a few ideas of what I wanted and she seriously came up with the cutest cake and cupcakes ever. The cake was a yummy chocolate and in the shape of a stadium, and the cupcakes were yummy vanilla with footballs on them. They matched the whole theme perfectly!!
 |
| Party Favors for the kids. Cracker jacks, bouncy footballs, Cardinals straws, and Mizzou tattoos. |
 |
| Birthday Banner in Pictures (all of Carter's Month Pictures) |
 |
| Concession Stand Banner |
 |
| Concession Stand |
 |
| Old Fashion Coke Bottles, Peanuts, Twizzlers and Gumballs |
 |
| PopCorn Maker |
 |
| Peanuts with the pennants that I made |
 |
| The Kids got to play with the pinata |

Carter received WAY too many presents, I don't think that the kid is going to need anything in the near future. Our house looks like Toys R Us threw up in our living room. He scored some pretty awesome things and he could not be more thankful. |
| |
 |
| Singing Happy Birthday to Carter |
 |
| Family Picture |
 |
| Going to Town on his cake |
Along with all the presents he received, our family was really shown a lot of love at his party. So many people attended and each person that we invited means so much to us, and to have all of them there to share in this very special day with us could not have made the day more perfect. We are beyond blessed with a very large family (of aunts, uncles and cousins) to whom all mean so much to Michael and I. WE don't get to see all of them on a regular basis and for them to come to Carters party and see all of them in the same setting, really meant alot!
Besides our family, Carter has a very special "extended" family in Michael and I's friends. We could not be more thankful for each and everyone of them. We know that our friends are busy and life gets in the way and having a little guy has really made me realize how lucky we are to have such good friends. Good friends that have been there from day one and have have been there for every moment of this ride. Carter is so lucky to have so many wonderful "aunts" and "uncles," and with that, it meant so much having them there at his party!! Thanks Guys!
Now that his party is over, and the presents are all put away. I am beyond grateful for how the whole day turned out. I know that Carter may not care now about all the work we put into planning his special day, but I know one day he will!!!
Thanks to everyone who came, you made this day beyond special for Carter!!
J
No comments:
Post a Comment