Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Festivites

This year we spent Mother's Day at Todd and Laura's, after we stopped by my moms for a surprise visit (we are celebrating Mothers Day with my family next weekend). The weather was absolutely beautiful and perfect for a family BBQ! Sloan and Carter got to go swimming in Sloan's deluxe baby pool, which Carter loved. He is not going to be afraid of the big pool at all. I swear he would of stayed in there all day had I let him. I can't wait for the weather to get a little warmer so we can go swimming at our parents houses! It's going to be a fun summer!

My new Swing Grandma "C" Bought me!

Testing out the pool at Grandma and Grandpas!

Happy Happy Baby

Grandma "K" with her babies

Playing in the Deluxe Pool

I'm not getting out Mom!

The Schmidt Family

Mom and her boys

My beautiful niece, Sloan

My Boys
I am lucky to have such great role models (of moms) in my life. I only hope that I will be half the mom that my mom has been to me, and Michael's mom has been to him (and to me as well). They are both such great moms and I am beyond lucky to have them in my life. I am fortunate that they are so close to us, I am not sure how other people live so far away from their moms. I am also lucky that they want to spend time with Carter and help us out by watching him once a week for us!
Besides having great moms as role models, I am more than fortunate to have such a great role model in my sister-in-law. She has truly been a rock over the past seven months, ever since I had Carter. She is such a great mom to my niece, Sloan and has been such an awesome sister to me. She has helped me through all my breastfeeding issues/concerns, and has always been there when I needed some advice with issues with our little boo. There are truly no words to describe how thankful that I am to have her in my life. I hope that I can be the rock for my sister as she endures this new adventure of becoming a mom, like Laura has been for me! 

Happy Mothers Day to all my Mommy Friends out there!!
and Thank You Mom 1 and Mom 2 for being such great role models and such amazing Moms!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment