Monday, May 14, 2012

Big Boy Turns 7 Months Old

My little man turned 7 months old a few weeks ago, and it seems as though he is turning from a little baby into a little boy. He has got the cutest personality ever, and I couldn't ask for a happier baby!! He laughs and smiles almost all the time, and I am not joking. He thinks everything that Michael and I do is hysterical, and laughs uncontrollably; it is the funniest thing ever. He has made the past few months so much more, and has me sitting on the edge of my seat wondering what the road will have in store for us as he gets bigger.
Smile, for the camera!
He is eating a little bit of everything these days (minus meat); everything from fresh veggies, to crackers, chips, cookies, and of course fruit. The kid cannot get enough of his fruit. I swear he could just live off of apples and pears. He has been dabbling into whatever we eat, and there isn't much that he doesn't like. Little man is still nursing, and is still doing great. I have noticed that his intake of milk has decreased, he just doesn't seem all that interested in nursing or taking a breast milk bottle. He would rather have water. I of course had a little mental breakdown over this and called the ped because I was worried that he wasn't getting enough milk; and sure enough the ped said it is fine and to just give him what he wants, and if that means no milk then that is fine! As long as we are getting 4-5 wet diapers a day that is good.
Look at me... I am 7 months Old!
He is not sleeping through the night, but getting up at 4 or 5 to nurse, which is just fine by me. If he goes to bed at 8-830 and sleeps till 4 or 5 I am one happy mama!!! The plus side is that he is a great napper. He goes down perfectly (with a few little tears) at 930 am and will sleep anywhere from 1-2 hours in the morning, and then in the afternoon he will nap anytime after lunch for a few hours as well. It is great! When I am home on my day off, I have noticed that I can actually get alot done (and maybe even sneak in a nap too) while he is sleeping!

He loves playing on the floor with his toys, and is rolling around like crazy. You can tell that he wants to crawl, but he is just not there yet! He does scoot backwards and around in a circle, just not forward...YET! He is really into standing up and playing with his tall toys, and loves standing up on the back of the couch and playing with whatever is on top of the couch. He is still a little monster with his Exersaucer, he just loves it! The poor little dragonfly on the exersaucer sure does get thrown around alot because little man is so rough. He also loves and I mean LOVES looking at himself in the mirror. He thinks it is the funniest thing. He cannot get enough of it. I have no idea where he gets that from, but its pretty funny to watch him get so worked up about seeing himself in the mirror. He is really loving his sister, Missy too. He loves watching her walk around the house, and loves feeding her his snacks. She is coming around, slowly but surely, she is coming around. She will lay next to him and let him pet her (ok, pull her hair and eyes) and sometimes she even gives him little "licks." It is really sweet to watch him get so worked up over her!

He is wearing anywhere from size 9 months to 12 months, even some 18 month stuff. It is so weird how some brands are so much smaller than others. He weighed in at the doctor at 19 lbs and 3 oz when we were there last. Yes, he is a big boy... NO... he is not fat!!! He does have a cute little round belly though, and some legs to die for!! He is a little ham hock and we love it!!! He is into size 3 diapers and is getting really long. I am not sure how long, but his little legs are almost hanging out of his car seat. Guess that means we might be venturing into a new seat soon!!
Overall, he is doing great and really really loving life. He is so happy and so much fun. and he sure lets you know when he is mad. He gives you the saddest face ever when he is upset, and it makes you want to cry!! So glad we don't get that face very often!!!

We are looking forward to the summer and all the fun we are going to have at the pool and on our vacation to the beach!!! Can't wait to see him take in all the new adventures ahead!!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment