
This year is the only year that I will ever be able to say that I celebrated my very First Mother's Day. There will never be another year where I can say that, and let's just say that it was by far amazing. My wonderful hubby did a great job celebrating me and the new job I have taken on as the mother to his baby boy. He started off by coming home Friday night with flowers, champagne and food to cook for dinner, and Sunday we went to breakfast at one of my favorite places (Benton Park) and I was showered with all kinds of gifts from my sweet boys! It was truly perfect!

I was laying in bed early morning Sunday, right after I was done nursing my little boo, and I couldn't help but think to myself while looking down at him, how lucky I am. Not all women are able to have children, and not all children that are brought into this world are as healthy as my little guy is. I truly could not be more blessed with not only Carter, but the life that Michael and I have created. We may not be rich, and we may not live in a big fancy house, or take fancy vacations all the time, but we have this truly amazing little family that is just right, just perfect and fits for us. I love everything about both of my boys (and little girl, Missy) and no matter how many times life may throw us a curve ball, I know that we will always have each other and no one can ever take that away.
Becoming a mom this year has not been easy. It truly has been an adjustment and an adjustment that I would do over and over and over again, as long as I could do it with my two boys. I love being a mom, and I love changing every dirty diaper, waking up every four hours to a baby who doesn't like to sleep, and I love staying in every night to hang out with my boys. I would gladly give up the crazy nights out, the long showers, and the quiet nights all to be a mom. I knew that I would love this little guy, but I truly had no idea how much I could love him. I absolutely could not imagine my life without him.
I look forward to the many more Mother's Days that I get to spend with my two favorite boys in my life!!
No comments:
Post a Comment