Last week, I started having contractions and they started getting more and more noticeable. I think I was having too much fun in Nebraska, but I didn't feel them much while we were gone, but I was feeling them. The real contractions decided to wait (Thank God) until we got home from Nebraska and were prepping for bed on Sunday evening. I started timing my contractions around 8:45 pm on Sunday evening and they were becoming stronger, and more consistent. I was actually having them 5 minutes apart, and they were only lasting a minute. Well, that made us a little nervous so we decided to call the exchange, and what do you know the on call doctor said he thought I was in labor!! WHAT???? IN LABOR???? I immediately starting crying, because I hadn't taken the time to pack my hospital bag, and then my mom wasn't answering her phone, so I was a little emotional. So, we packed what we could think of and got in the car to head to the hospital to be evaluated. Once we got to the hospital it was like Oh.My.God. this is real, Little Carter could be coming tonight!!!! Well, once I was evaluated and laid around for a few hours it seems as though my contractions had subsided and I was still not dilated! So, they sent me home!!! In a way I think Michael and I were both relieved that Carter wasn't really ready to come out. I think he was just testing us to see if we could handle an unplanned night to the hospital!!! Thanks to him, I have all of our bags packed and we are now ready for when he does decide to come!!!
I am still having the enormous amount of pressure in my pelvic area. I feel like I have to walk with my legs closed, and Michael said I was getting the pregnancy walk, so I must look silly. But, what do you do when you have so much pressure down in your pelvic area that you feel your baby is going to come out???? My belly is getting big, but NOT so big that it looks like I have twins in there. WHY, oh WHY, do people feel the need to comment on how big your belly is when your pregnant? Do they do that to people who aren't pregnant? No, so why do it to pregnant women. Especially a nine month, emotional mess pregnant person. Speaking of emotional.. What the hell is up with the tears? They are flowing like crazy these days. I also noticed that rolling over in bed is getting a little more uncomfortable. This I think, has to do with the contractions I am having; which makes my belly so hard. I am still sleeping great, its the rolling over process that is not so comfortable!!! And.. hello OLD WOMAN bathroom issue. Everytime I get up I have to pee, thanks little man for sitting on my bladder every second of the day. So, I do try as hard as possible to not have to get up as much as I have to, because it is a tad bit uncomfortable, feeling like I have to pee all the time. It feels like a waste to get up and go to the bathroom, because nothing is coming out!!!
Other than that, YES... I am still loving being pregnant! I am not one of those crazy people who want to be pregnant forever, but I do love having Carter safe and sound in my belly, and getting to feel him kick and punch away at me. I am going to miss having Carter in my belly. BUT... YES... I am even more excited about meeting him. Everytime we go to the doctor, or when I sit down to work on his scrapbook, or write in my journal to him, I get even more anxious. All of the waiting is about to stop and we will be welcoming Carter into our lives, very shortly! I cannot wait!!
With an eventful week 36, thanks to the Nebraska wedding and the hospital visit! I am eager for week 37. Our wedding season ends on Saturday with the last of our weddings to attend, then we are smooth sailing from here on out!!!! 

This week, Carter is preparing himself for what life is going to be like in the outside world. He is weighing in at around 6 pounds (give or take) and is working on shedding most of the downy covering he has accumulated over the past nine months!!!!
Until next week!
J
No comments:
Post a Comment