Monday, September 26, 2011

39 Weeks and Still Pregnant

Well, our 39 week appointment came and went with no news on our little man showing up anytime soon. It was actually a very depressing appointment. I was in high hopes that we would be dilated and on our way to having a baby boy in our hands very soon. BUT... it looked like Carter had other intentions in mind. He apparently LOVES his mommys belly so much that he wasn't ready to come out...YET! After a very painful "checking" by the doctor it looks like I was still not dilated, and our doctor couldn't even get me dilated to a 1! It was so depressing. I was really hoping that we would go in there and we would be dilated, and all the contractions I was having would help get this little guy out of here! So, after a ultrasound to check to make sure my amniotic fluid was ok, we were making another appointment to come back for our 40 week appointment and ultrasound (to check to see Carters growth).
With that the rest of the week brought on the usual; contractions, more contractions, and even more contractions. Oh, and add a little pelvic pain in there too. BUT, the one thing we were waiting on, did not happen, NO CARTER!!! I tried to stay as busy as possible to keep my mind off the fact that Carter is just not ready to come into this world. But, like many other first time pregnant women, I spent a majority of the week not only thinking about him, but I spent a majority of my week worrying. Worrying that something was wrong that he just wasn't ready to come out, worried that the longer I wait to have him the bigger he will get and the harder having a natural labor is going to be, and worried that I was going to be pregnant forever. I was honestly, frustrated, annoyed and very emotional. So, like I said, I spent the week trying to get my mind off the fact that it just wasn't time for Carter to come.
Even though it was hard to get my mind off Carter, I spent the week busy! Friday night we enjoyed what may be our last night out for a while with some of my favorite people. We went to Lesters in the Central West End for some dinner and catching up with friends! Saturday we headed to Eckerts for some apple picking with Michael's brother and sister in law, and of course our little boo, Sloan! It was nice to get out and do some walking and to get to partake in Sloans first (of hopefully many) apple picking experiences. I am really excited for next year to go apple picking again. It will be fun that Carter will be a year old and Sloan will be almost 21 months so they should be exciting together!!! I had a pretty good time, and to top it off we got to enjoy a funnel cake! I think Carter enjoyed it too!!! We ended Saturday night by heading over to our the Aricos for a bonfire and dinner! I think I stayed up a little too late both nights because I was super duper tired come Sunday morning. I topped off my weekend with another catch up session with our brother and sister in law and boo, Sloan. I made a breakfast casserole for us to eat, and Todd helped Michael clean out the gutters in the back of the house and put up our gutter guards. After they left I took Missy to the park to do some walking in high hopes that Carter would come out, while Michael made his way to the Rams game! While Michael was gone, I was having some pretty intense contractions, but again nothing that made us have to go the hospital!!! :(
Here it is now Monday night and no indications that Carter is going to be coming anytime soon!!!
We go to the doctor in the morning, so hopefully I will get some news. If not I am planning on asking for an induction sometime this week. I cannot wait another week to meet him. Say a prayer for us that something good happens!!!
Until we get some other news....
xoxo
J and M

1 comment:

  1. Awww! He will come. :) Good luck to the both of you and I cannot wait to see the little guy!! XO

    ReplyDelete