Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Mile a Minute



Hello, and goodbye week number 37! It is getting down to crunch time with this pregnancy!!! The past week has been spent doing a lot of thinking about what our life is going to be like with Carter around. I keep thinking about all the changes that are going to be made, and of course all of them are good. I think about how we will get to include him in all of the fun little things that we are a part of and the amount of love that he is going to endure because of all the great people in our life.

I just cannot believe that I am at this period in my life where I am now becoming a mother. I feel like it was just yesterday I became a wife, and now in just a few short weeks I will be honored with the title of becoming a mom. I am one of the lucky kids to get to say that not only do I have a great mom, but I have a best friend in her. I can tell her everything and I know that she will never judge, but only provide the kind of support and love that I need to get me through any good time or any bad time in my life. She has not always been my best friend, and I can say that I only regret that we have not been best friends my whole life. I can say thank you though to her for making me into the woman that I am today, and the wife that I have become, and the mother that I will soon be. I know because of her that I can not only accomplish anything I put my mind to, but that I am going to be a great mom, because I have had a great example.

I think about Carter and I worry constantly of all the things that I am going to need to do in order for him to be the little man that Michael and I hope for. I think about all the things that I already know, and worry about the things that I don't know. I smile knowing that I have such a great support system surrounding us, and then I immediately worry about and think about, How the hell am I going to do this? As most of you know, I am a planner and not having every minute of my life planned out is going to be a challenge. A challenge that I am more than willing to take, because I could not ask for a better gift in life than bringing Carter into this world. Well, maybe Michael, because he is Carter's daddy!!!

Week 37 led to more contractions, and more pelvic pain. BUT STILL NOT DILATED!!!!! Arrr!!! I am guessing that Carter is just too cozy and comfy to come out. Which is fine with me, because I am not sure I am ready (ok, I am ready to meet him) for him to come out yet. I think I will miss having him so close to me (in my belly) all the time. I am going to miss our little morning chats on the way to work, as he kicks and punches me to let me know he is either hungry, or that he is just awake and ready for the day to being. I am going to miss watching him move around in my belly at night as I sit on the couch, and I am really going to miss just rubbing his little feet when he kicks me. I know, I know.. I am going to get to enjoy much more than that once he has arrived, and I will actually get to squeeze him and give him all the kisses that I have been saving for him for the past 9 months!!! BUT... I just love knowing that he is safe inside me, and that there is nothing that can harm him while he is in my belly!!!

With week 37 wrapping up, I am still felling pretty good overall, minus the pelvic pain that hurts like hell sometimes. I am still walking like I have to keep my legs closed because it feels like he is going to pop out any minute, but my energy level, and appetite is still going good. Plus... This week it looks like I have manged to keep my weight down to a number the doctor has wanted me at, and it has leveled off instead of increased!!!! I actually lost a few pounds from our Nebraska trip :) My feet are swelling up a bit, but nothing else is so I am ok with that. Plus, the swelling isn't too bad! I can still make out that my feet are feet!!!! Last night I did however have an episode of nausea and pelvic pain that was so intense that I thought I was going to die!!! And along with that I was having contractions pretty consistently for about 45 minutes. I eventually had to lay on my side and close my eyes, because I just felt dizzy and not so good. Today I am feeling MUCH better. Still having pelvic pain, but I don't think that pain is going anywhere anytime soon!!!!

We knocked off 37 with our last wedding of the year, and the start of Rams football season. Well, Michael got to enjoy the First Rams game, while I spent the day cooking, cleaning, and working on homework; but I was totally ok with that!!! I manged to dance a little bit at the wedding and sipped on a few O'Douls and had a really great time! (I cannot wait though till I can pop my first Budlight after little man is here!!!!!) This wedding was actually not for one of our immediate friends, but for a guy that Michael refs CYC with in the Springtime. The couple is a little older than us, and this was the second marriage for both of them. This wedding was absolutely gorgeous. I mean what better way to start your wedding day, then to have beautiful day, get married at the gorgeous Old Cathedral and the wedding was gorgeous! The bride looked stunning in her gown, and Keith looked quite handsome in his tux!!! Michael's dad had the honor of being the best man at the wedding, so we got to sit front and center at the ceremony, and I just couldn't take my eyes off how in love this couple is. They look so happy, and they really made me think how lucky most of us are to have found love. Being in love is so wonderful, and I think that is why I just love weddings so much!!!!! The best part of the whole night I think was when I got Mr. Giebe (not sure on old he was, but man can he dance) up to dance with me to Proud Mary by Tina Tuner!!!! He really took to the dance floor, and his feet just danced underneath him like no other!!!! It was so much fun!!!! Thanks Jack, for showing Carter and I how it is done!!!

Well hopefully we get some progress going in the next week with Carter!


Until Then~

xoxo

J







No comments:

Post a Comment