Labor Day weekend we had the go ahead to travel to Nebraska for the much awaited Schlueter/Pullen wedding. I had been looking forward to this wedding since the day Jason and Kelly got engaged!! I could not be more excited about not only seeing the two of them get married, but I was pretty ecstatic that we got to head to Nebraska (the Land of Corn) for the BIG event!!!
Michael has known Jason for a very long time, and it has just recently been over the past five years or so that Michael and him have become closer. Because of Jason, we have gotten to know our "sister wife" (inside joke) Kelly, and I truly will be forever grateful to Jason for keeping her around! Jason stood up next to Michael at our wedding and I know that it really meant alot then to have Jason there, and I know that it meant even more to Michael that Jason asked him to stand up next to him for his big day!!
Even though Kelly and I have not known each other very long, we have become so close over the past few years, and I was so honored to be able to stand up next to her! She has become one of my very dear friends and I could not ask for a better friend in her!
Even though Kelly and I have not known each other very long, we have become so close over the past few years, and I was so honored to be able to stand up next to her! She has become one of my very dear friends and I could not ask for a better friend in her!
Michael and I started our travels Thursday evening, with a stop over in Kansas City. We had made arrangements to stay down in the Power and Light District and it was pretty nice!! We ate at this cute little German brewery and restaurant called Gordon Biersch! We munched on some calamari and ate these amazing burgers and fries! Ah... I could totally go for another one of their burgers!!!!!
Friday we manged to get up early and hit the road to Fremont before 9 am! The drive was not to bad at all, nothing like I expected. I spent much of my time reading my Lipstick Jungle book, and working on some discussion posts for school. Thanks to the hubs for driving the whole way to Kansas City and Fremont so I could relax! We headed to Omaha as a slight little layover before our stop in Fremont, to pick up Mr. Newlywed Adam Braun, and grab a quick bite to eat! Then we were off to Fremont!!!
By the time we got to Fremont and checked into our room, and of course made a Walmart trip for the necessities (razors for me, and beer for the boys), it was time for me to lay down before the rehearsal dinner was to start!! Carter was staying pretty calm and well behaved for me so far, and I was pretty pleased!!! I mean I had been having contractions, but nothing that was going to stop me from having a good time!!! Rehearsal at the church went by pretty smoothly, and then we were off to have some fun at the dinner. I was a little nervous for the dinner because Jason and Kelly had asked us three of the groomsmen (Pat, Lucas and Michael) and three of the bridesmaids (Myself, Courtney and Jessica) to give a little speech at the rehearsal. I spent a few days writing mine out, and was pretty prepared; but still nervous. We all gave our speeches and everything went just fine! No worries at all!!! 
Somehow everyone managed to make it to the local bar for some karaoke after the dinner (and after I helped Kelly get the hall set up). It was your local hole in the wall bar, and it fit our friends so well. There was lots of singing, dancing, drinking and of course making friends with the locals!!!! We left around 1230 or so; Michael looked and I am sure felt ready to go (after several beverages). Saturday morning started bright and early with hair, makeup and getting the bride ready for the big day!!!!! Needless to say we had a little bit of excitement thanks to little man Hanley (KP and JS's lovely little Yorkie), he decided it would be fun to run around the neighborhood for a good minute as we were getting ready to leave the church!! But, once we got to church and got all ready, everything went as smooth as could be expected!
Kelly looked beautiful and I am sure she felt like a million bucks, because she sure looked!!! As a nine month pregnant person I was pretty jealous of all my fellow bridesmaids who looked stunning in their dresses, wishing that mine didn't have a big bump poking out (oh the sacrifices we make!).
Kelly looked beautiful and I am sure she felt like a million bucks, because she sure looked!!! As a nine month pregnant person I was pretty jealous of all my fellow bridesmaids who looked stunning in their dresses, wishing that mine didn't have a big bump poking out (oh the sacrifices we make!). The wedding went so well, and I was so excited for Jason and Kelly as they got to say their I Do's in front of all their friends and family! Of course the party really got started once we got on the bus to take our tour of Fremont for the wedding pictures (Which I cannot wait to see). The bus ride was even more fun as we picked up some fashionable jean vests/jackets along the way at a little second hand shop. I mean how could we pass up 1.50 jean vests? These wonderful vests also made a appearance at the reception, and seemed to be a hit!!!!!
The reception was an uber blast. It doesn't matter where we are at, as long as a little bit of alcohol is involved, our friends sure do love to dance!! I am pretty sure that not one of our friends stopped dancing the entire night!!! I mean, the best part about weddings is the dancing and the booze; and since I couldn't booze it up I sure did dance!!! It definitely was not the same being nine months pregnant, but I was hoping that a little action would get Carter moving and hopefully get me dilated (it didn't work, but I sure did try).
It was such a sweet ceremony, and reception and the two of them just looked so in love! I couldn't have asked for a better girl to come into Jason's life than Kelly. She is such an awesome person, and I could not have been more honored to stand up next to her as she married her Muppet, I mean Prince Charming . Over the past few years I am lucky enough to be able to call her my best friend. She really is one of the most supportive friends, and really understands me. I am more than thankful to have her in my life, and I am so happy for her and Jason!!! They are truly perfect for each other, and you can just tell that they are going to have a very successful marriage!! 
The reception was an uber blast. It doesn't matter where we are at, as long as a little bit of alcohol is involved, our friends sure do love to dance!! I am pretty sure that not one of our friends stopped dancing the entire night!!! I mean, the best part about weddings is the dancing and the booze; and since I couldn't booze it up I sure did dance!!! It definitely was not the same being nine months pregnant, but I was hoping that a little action would get Carter moving and hopefully get me dilated (it didn't work, but I sure did try).
It was such a sweet ceremony, and reception and the two of them just looked so in love! I couldn't have asked for a better girl to come into Jason's life than Kelly. She is such an awesome person, and I could not have been more honored to stand up next to her as she married her Muppet, I mean Prince Charming . Over the past few years I am lucky enough to be able to call her my best friend. She really is one of the most supportive friends, and really understands me. I am more than thankful to have her in my life, and I am so happy for her and Jason!!! They are truly perfect for each other, and you can just tell that they are going to have a very successful marriage!! 
No comments:
Post a Comment