Cardinals baseball season is not only something that many St. Louisians hold dear to their hearts, but it is also the history behind what began as Michael and I's relationship. Our first casual date was at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Cardinals play, and we have attended many (and I really mean many) Cardinals games together. As we were at Opening Day on Thursday last week, I really got to thinking about where "we" began, and how lucky we are to have found each other. One of our first dates that we ever had was at a Cardinals game (August 29, 2006 against the Florida Marlins- I have the ticket stub to prove it), and as I was sitting there I couldn't help but think of what a great memory that first game holds so dear to my heart. It truly feels like just yesterday we started this crazy journey together!
2006
Now here we are almost five years later, married and expecting our first baby! Opening Day this year will be another memory for the memory book: Baby Schmidt attended (well, technically attended) his/her first game! I am sure it will be one of many, many, many games that we will take our kids to, because I love going to the games, and as most of you know Michael lives for anything sports related! Even thought this year was not our typical get crazy, kind of Opening Day festivities, we did have a really good time (even though I am pretty sure I would have killed for a nice cold ballpark beer- instead, I settled for a hot dog and bottled water!).
2011
Awww, too cute. Loves yous, Carlie
ReplyDelete