Weeks 38 and 39 have gone by in a quick minute and I cannot believe that it is really time for me to pack my bag (yes, I have not done so yet), and get ready for Mason to be here. Ready or not, here he comes!
Week 38 did not bring on any exciting news from the Doctor, nor did it bring on any other news. It really was just another week or work (well, my last week of work) and of course the constant contractions and endless urination sessions in the middle of the night. The swelling in my feet has subsided and it only showed up once or twice in week 38, which was nice. Because when they were swelling my feet hurt so bad, like someone was squeezing them.
Week 38 Bump Watch

What Little Guy is Doing This Week
He may have about an inch or so of hair already.
He's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
Total Weight Gain: 33 lbs total
Gender: It's a .... BOY!
Movement:
Little man is still moving around like he owns my belly. He moves so much that sometimes I can just sit there and watch my belly bounce and shake endlessly.
What I miss: Sitting down without my belly over lapping my legs, this is kind of ridiculous.
Cravings: Sweets
Symptoms: Contractions and pelvic pressure.
Memorable Moment for the week: Washing all of Masons stuff and packing his bag for the hospital. It became more real putting the final touches on his room, and getting all of his stuff ready.
Here is Week 38 blogpost with Carter
Week 39 is coming close to and end, and with that we are planning on bringing Mason into the world come Saturday morning. I could not be more excited, and yet, scared at the same time. Last go around I hadn't planned on a c-section, and went my whole pregnancy thinking Carter was going to come naturally. Since he did not I only had a few days to prepare myself for the c-section. This go around, with my history of big babies, we had the c-section planned early on, which of course has given me more time to think about it, and think how even more scared I am this go around. C-sections are very normal, but are still considered major surgery, and I have been spending alot of time worrying about all the what ifs. What if something goes wrong for me, or for Mason, I not only have a husband to worry about I have little Carter to think about to. I know these are all probably very silly things to worry about, and that everything is going to go just right; but I am a little more scared this go around!! I just want my recovery to be smooth as it was last time!!
Week 39 has brought back those awful leg pains at night, but the swelling has subsided. I am only swelling if I am on my feet for to long, which has not happened yet, this week! I am still having contractions, along with back contractions and of course the pelvic pressure cane be pretty intense at times. I am getting up a TON to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and trying to sleep well. Sleep has just been a battle this week, and the couch has become my new friend. Good thing that it is comfy. I am officially ready for Mason and am counting down the days (3 from today) until this nugget arrives.
Week 39 Bump Watch

Here is Week 38 blogpost with Carter
Week 39 is coming close to and end, and with that we are planning on bringing Mason into the world come Saturday morning. I could not be more excited, and yet, scared at the same time. Last go around I hadn't planned on a c-section, and went my whole pregnancy thinking Carter was going to come naturally. Since he did not I only had a few days to prepare myself for the c-section. This go around, with my history of big babies, we had the c-section planned early on, which of course has given me more time to think about it, and think how even more scared I am this go around. C-sections are very normal, but are still considered major surgery, and I have been spending alot of time worrying about all the what ifs. What if something goes wrong for me, or for Mason, I not only have a husband to worry about I have little Carter to think about to. I know these are all probably very silly things to worry about, and that everything is going to go just right; but I am a little more scared this go around!! I just want my recovery to be smooth as it was last time!!
Week 39 has brought back those awful leg pains at night, but the swelling has subsided. I am only swelling if I am on my feet for to long, which has not happened yet, this week! I am still having contractions, along with back contractions and of course the pelvic pressure cane be pretty intense at times. I am getting up a TON to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and trying to sleep well. Sleep has just been a battle this week, and the couch has become my new friend. Good thing that it is comfy. I am officially ready for Mason and am counting down the days (3 from today) until this nugget arrives.
Week 39 Bump Watch

What Little Guy is Doing This Week
He's probably able to flex his limbs now.
His brain is still rapidly developing -- he's getting smarter by the week!
His nails may extend past his fingertips.
Total Weight Gain: 33 lbs total
Gender: It's a .... BOY!
Movement:
I thought at 39 weeks he would stop moving, but it appears that just because there is no room Mason finds it fun to keep moving and shaking up a storm. This kid is gonna be a hot mess like his big brother!
What I miss: Being able to get on the floor and play with Carter easily. It is not so bad if he only wants me to sit for a few or so, but he likes me to sit endlessly, and with my huge belly resting on my legs it hurts to sit like that very long!! I feel bad, because I want to play, but it just is not comfortable. I think Carter gets it, because lately he has been asking Daddy for a lot more help or play time.
Cravings: Sweets and Fruit
Symptoms: Contractions, leg pain and pelvic pressure.
Memorable Moment for the week: Starting my maternity leave, and also prepping for the arrival of Mason. Really enjoying my sweet alone time with Carter.
Here is Week 39 blogpost with Carter
My next post will be post baby!! So keep your eyes open!!
Till next time-
J
Here is Week 39 blogpost with Carter
My next post will be post baby!! So keep your eyes open!!
Till next time-
J
No comments:
Post a Comment