Hey little guy,
Things have been crazy with you lately, and I wonder if you are anxious about your little brother making his appearance. You have not been sleeping well, and has been making mommy very nervous about bringing Mason home to sleep in our house. You are just a little bit stubborn (like your mama), and have a little temper on you (like your daddy) that it makes your middle of the night awakenings very hard to handle! I hope (and pray) that this is just a phase and that you will soon outgrow this (which everyone tells me you will), because if not, I am not sure what is gonna happen. Even though you have been driving mommy (and daddy) up the wall with your sleep schedule, just know that I love you no matter what time you get up in the middle of the night and pitter patter to our bedroom, and that even though I get frustrated and yes, sometimes cry, it is truly not your fault. You have never been a great sleeper, I just hope that one day you will be.
Besides your sleep issues these days, you are quite an active little guy. You are non stop and being outside is where you prefer to be. You don't care how hot it is, and you don't care whether or not mommy and daddy want to be out there or not. You are so fun to watch and are so into everything that comes along with being outside, that you are just exploring and figuring things out and we love it. You love to swim and are not scared one bit of the water.
You are quite the talker and quite the rambler. You will talk and talk and talk and it is so fun to have a "conversation" with you!! Some of my favorite things that you say include, "Hold You"- which means you want me to hold you, "Love you"- which is by far my favorite thing in the whole wide world, because you are so sweet when you say it, "Moon and Back"- which is how much you love mommy and daddy,"next to you"- which means you want us to sit next to you or you want to sit next to us, "with you"- which means you want us to come with you, or you go with us, and I adore the way you say "Yes."
You are not much an eater. You like to take your time eating, which means you will sit and eat at the table with us for maybe 15 minutes, then you want "down" to go do something else. We sometimes will just put your plate in the living room on the table so you can nibble as you go. It makes it hard though when we eat stuff that cannot be eaten in the living room. You are getting better, and really have your days; but food is not a high priority for you. Milk, water and yogurt are your staples and I think that you would be content if we would just let you have those items; along with Popsicles, fruit snacks, and cheese.
You are oh so very loving to Mason and talk about him alot. You love laying next to him (with your head on my belly), playing in his room and you are pretty excited about the bear you and daddy picked out for him and you are a tad bit obsessed about giving him blow kisses. Lately, he has been moving and shaking like crazy and you have been getting a big kick out of feeling him move. I cannot wait for you to lay eyes on him and for you to "hold" him, and just become a big brother!!
A few things that I want you to know as we get closer to welcoming your little brother into the world.
I want you to know that your daddy and I love you unconditionally, there is nothing in this world that should ever make you think otherwise.
I want you to know that there is only one you, and that we love that you are your own person. There is never going to be another little guy like you, and that you and Mason may be brothers but you will always be your own individual people.
It may seem like over the next week or so that your little life is going to be uprooted and that mommy and daddy are paying more attention to your little brother, but its not because we don't love you, its because we need to become adjusted to being good parents to him, just like we did when you came home with us.
I want you to know that my heart is big enough for you and Mason, and that I love you (to the moon and back) so very much, there is nothing more special than the bond we have made over the past 22 months. You have brought me so much joy, and have shown me that no matter how rough life may be, that having you makes everything else seem so small and petty.
I am over the moon excited about you becoming a big brother and know you are going to be very good to Mason. You have a big heart, and are sweet (even though you tell me that you are mean) and are going to do such a good job of helping mommy taking care of your little brother.
I love you- (and so does Daddy)
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment