Of course, I wanted nothing more than for Carter to have a little rug rat brother to play with. But, deep down I secretly wanted a girl. I know, being greedy, eh? I wanted a girl to get dolled up, buy bows, dresses and cute shoes for. I am not sure if the tears that came down my face were tears of joy or tears of a bit of sadness that being a girl mom is not in my cards. Now, please don't for one second think that I don't want another boy, because I love being a BOY mom and I cannot wait to have all those sweet boy moments that I cherished with Carter all over again, just deep down I think a girl would of been nice to!
The big man upstairs has other plans for us, and as my mother in law put it, "maybe your just meant to be a super good girl aunt." I'll take that, I'll take having my sweet nieces love me, and want me to do things with them, over having them as my own, and having them go through stages of disliking me, and hating everything I say and do. So... being a girl aunt will do just fine, and being an ALL boy mom is even better.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my little boy, and I cannot wait to have another little boy to LOVE LOVE LOVE! There are so many things at 17 months that I already love about being a boy mom, and I know that the best is yet to come!!!
I have been reading alot of blogs today about being a boy mom and everything I have read gets summed up into these little tidbits about why being a boy mom is so great:
- that rolling in the leaves, dirt, mud and everything else that requires changing your clothes when it is time to come inside, is actually ALOT of fun.
- He is a little boy who will one day be a man, all his own. And while, it scares me to think one day he will break hearts, fall in love, raise a family of his own, it also brings a deep pride to know we are the one’s teaching him how to do it! (MY FAVORITE)
- that having a mama's boy is AWESOME and they just might be a mommas boy FOREVER. The clingyness of a mamas boy can be exhausting, but overall it is pretty sweet that this little guy (and hopefully the next one) love me so very much!
- raising a boy is like watching your husband grow up in front of you. (so very true- watching them play together makes me smile on so many different levels)
- the outfit changes are not as necessary as a girl, and this means more for this mama to splurge on herself! Ha!
- being tough is part of a being a boy, and I love that Carter is going to be able to teach his younger brother how to be tough, just like we have taught him!
While these are just a few things I have taken from reading other boy mom blogs, and from my own personal experiences so far, I know there are a million other reasons why I love being a boy mom. While they all may not be on my mind now, they are locked deep in my heart, and I know that I am going to rock as an all boy mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment