Tuesday, March 12, 2013

19, 19, 19


Week 19

This week was the most eventful week so far. We had our "20" week appointment. I know, I know 20 week appointment at 19 weeks? Well, apparently my due date/office dates were off a bit so I had my BIG doctor appointment at 19 weeks 4 days instead of 20 weeks. Same difference! 

With that we got to see Baby S again, and this little booger was face down and wouldn't turn around so we could get a profile picture of him. YES! HIM!!! We are having another little baby boy!! So very excited!! I cannot believe it!! I totally thought this nugget was a girl, but GOD sure has different plans for our family!! The ultrasound took place minus our entourage this year (no family attended, just our family of "four"). As much as I loved the hoopla of having everyone in the room with us to share in the excitement, it was so much more personal this go around. Well, if you don't count the fact that Carter was super pissed and cried for a majority of the ultrasound! We got to see all of Baby S's body parts, and a few of his creepy skeletal face (yes, it is creepy, I don't care what anyone says). My appointment with the actual doctor was a little uneventful, we just chatted and since I didn't have any questions it was nice and sweet!! We went ahead and scheduled my c-section for July 26th,so as long as this little nugget doesn't come before then, we will be meeting our little boo on July 26th!! 

Besides my doctors appointment this week, life has been going at full speed and the weeks just are flying by. I cannot believe I am already halfway through my pregnancy and that we are going to meet this little guy soon!!! i am feeling great! I have a ton of energy back and I am just really soaking up all my time with my boys before we add another to the mix!!  

 Bump Watch



What baby is learning/doing in my belly:  I always get these updates from the bump.com and it cracks me up that they always say she. Don't they know I am having a he? This week: Developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at her birth. Working on her five senses. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain.

Total weight gain/loss: 5 lbs

Gender: It's a .... BOY! We found out a few days before our 20 weeks started!!! We could not be more excited about having another little dude in the house!!! That means there will be one lady and three boys... Woo Hoo!!! Thanks to the confusion with my due date at the Doctors office. My 20 week appointment was really my 19 week 4 day appointment!

Movement: Baby is still most active at night and he is a kicker. If I push on my belly enough he will move around on command. Probably disturbing his peace, but in a few short months he will be disturbing enough peace around here, its only fair that I rock his world a little every now and then! 

Sleep: Sleeping good, minus the occasional Dateline episode like dreams. Napping when I can!

What I miss: Back to missing an evening cocktail with the hubs. 

Cravings: Grilled Cheese sandwiches, and pickles (hamburger sliced)

Symptoms: None, Feeling pretty good!

Memorable moment for the week: Seeing Baby Schmidt and finding out that Carter is going to have a little brother!!! 


Here is my week 19 post with Carter/ bump pic:
Week 19 Carter



Till next Time

J

No comments:

Post a Comment