Monday, April 2, 2012

Upside Down

This past month has been an obstacle that we are still trying to get our way through. Carter is still not sleeping through the night. He goes down just fine and sleeps for a few hours, sometimes five or six hours, but not through the whole night. He wakes up crying and it is just too hard for us to let him "cry it out" in his bed. That just doesn't seem to work for our little man. So in our bed he goes, and it seems as though he can sleep there just fine (with the occasional wake up for his bink that has fallen out of his mouth). The plus side is that we aren't doing a middle of the night feeding anymore. It seems as though he just doesn’t need that anymore. Which is nice, but he is still waking up and still not going back to sleep right away. With that, we are onto a new week/month and onto new plans that will hopefully make the sleeping situation a little bit better.

Our pediatrician has recommended feeding Carter his dinner later and maybe that will work on getting him nice and full and able to sleep through the night. Another recommendation that we are willing to try and hopefully it is the recommendation that makes things a lot easier on Michael and I and our little boo boo.

With this varying sleep habit our little man has acquired, I have come to realize two things. One, is that I am getting frustrated with our little boo during those late night sittings, and I shouldn't be getting frustrated at him, it is not his fault that he can't/won/t. I am getting frustrated because I just want my little guy to sleep peacefully during the evening and play during the day (not vice versa). Second, I am getting frustrated with my husband, who has truly been a saint through everything with this sleeping issue. It's not anyone’s fault, I guess the sleep deprivation and the desire to have boo sleep through the night is really starting to take its toll on me. I can't help getting frustrated, but I have realized that as mom/wife things are going to get tough sometimes and when they get tough you just have to push through and lean on each other as a family and work it out. I only hope that boo boo decides to sleep in his own bed and through the night sooner rather than later, because this mama is tired (as is his daddy too).


We will of course keep you all posted~
J, M and C

No comments:

Post a Comment