Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nikkis Baby Shower for Jackson

As most of you know, my little baby sister is having a baby. A baby boy, little Jackson Lee, in just a few short months. His arrival will make me an aunt again and I cannot wait for him to be here. I love being an aunt to my niece Sloan, and cannot wait to get to experience becoming an aunt to baby boy, to my little sisters baby boy. I am even more excited for my sister to have her own little bundle of joy. It is going to be so much fun having a new little baby around, and a playmate for Carter. I know they are going to be the best of friends and will be exactly nine months apart!! Grandma and Grandpa sure are going to have their hands full with two little boys running around causing chaos together!!

T-Minus just 8 short weeks and my (second) little man will be here. With that I had to throw Nikki (along with James' sister Julie and my mom) a shower.. I mean duh.. I am her sister and I LOVE throwing showers! What better guest of honor than my future little nephew. I threw her a Safari themed shower since that is what her theme is for the baby's room, and I had a ton of fun planning the big day for Nikki and Jackson. The shower has already come and gone, and the mom to be is busy putting away all the gadgets, and getting the room all set up for her baby boy!! Can't wait till he is here!!!

The shower was held outdoors in my backyard (it was the perfect safari area to hold the shower). We had monkey mix (trail mix) and animal crackers for snacks. We munched on safari fruit, monkey salad, roast "beast" sandwiches, and wild "boar" (turkey) sandwiches. We sipped on ice cold tea, and jungle juice, and ate homemade chocolate buttercream cupcakes for dessert. The guests wrote on diapers for the mom to be read when she changes Jackson, and they each made little onesies with safari themed animals on them. She was showered with massive amounts of gifts and I know she is more than thankful for everything that she received! Little Jackson is going to have a ton of stuff!!
The Jungle

King of the Jungle Jackson Cupcakes

The Tables

The Cupcakes we munched on

Diaper Cake Centerpiece

The Mason Jars we Drank out of

Homemade Buttercream icing, with chocolate cupackes

The place "diapers," everyone wrote a sweet little message on the diaper for the mom to be and Jackson

Opening Gifts

Baby Clothes.. So little :)

Books (everyone brought books instead of cards to help fill Jackson's library)

The letters that Jessica Cochran made for Jackson's room! Thanks Jess, they turned out great! Perfect Gift!

Me and my little sister and my new nephew

Just a few more weeks and my little man will be here! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment