Monday, June 2, 2014

Ten Months

Ten Months old, I just cannot believe it. Where has the time gone? I am starting to get a little emotional this go around with the months as they go by. I wish for you to grow big and strong, but also wish I could bottle you up and keep you little. 

Daily: we still stick to a pretty good routine with you and you seem to prefer that. When we get off schedule you tend to get a little crabbier and not sleep as well. You get up with the Roosters, and it was killing me (especially on the weekends), but now I think my body is just used to it and I have adjusted fine. Wake up usually happens anywhere between 5:45 and 7 am. Sometimes if I go in at 5:45 you will lay back down and go back to sleep without a fight! You take a bottle/nurse immediately upon wake up along with a diaper change. If I hesitate for a second on either one of these things you tend to get a little bit crabby. You then usually play/watch cartoons for a bit with your brother, eat breakfast and then go down for a nap between 8:30-9 am. You take a pretty nice morning nap (1.5 hours) and then get up and play, eat lunch and play more then are usually down for your afternoon nap by 1:30-2 pm. 

Such a sweet boy

Eating: You are still nursing and I am still pumping away. You normally nurse (or I pump) in the AM, and then drink two bottles during the day (4 oz each) and will nurse again (or take a bottle) before bedtime. Nursing has become quite silly at times. You pretty much treat me like a cow. You will normally scream at me and pull on my shirt when you want to drink your milk. You scream even louder when it takes me a while to get you situated to nurse. You will get distracted and want to get down and play, but will come back son enough to drink more milk. Sometimes it can become frustrating but I know your just a growing kid and after a while it does get a little weird nursing what seems like a big kid! We started you on some whole milk this month, as nursing just wasn't doing it for you. We tried it and made sure that you did not have any reactions and you loved it. You prefer it a little warm (like you like your breast milk) but will drink it (and drink alot of it) and do just fine. There are very few things that you do not like. You eat whatever we usually put in front of you. Much like your brother, you love fruit, and you love McDonald's cheeseburgers- you can put a whole one away. You eat a lot of strawberries, love peanut butter and jelly, and love love love Bananas. Sometimes, if you are fussy I will offer you a Na-Na and you get so excited and calm down. You have started fighting with your brother over food, which of course, we find funny but Carter does not. Whenever you see him eating anything you tend to just crawl right over and snatch whatever he is eating. You really love it if he has it in a bowl, where you can just reach your little hand in and grab it out! 

Bedtime: You still LOVE bedtime! You have been waking up occasionally in the middle of the night still when you lose your bink, but lately I have been waiting before I go in there to give it to you. Sometimes you will just go back to sleep without it, other times I have to mosey on in there and give it to you. You snuggle up with a couple of blankets each night and love laying on your fluffy pillow. Lately you have been snuggling with your BIG bear Carter gave you when you were born, and it is pretty darn cute! Besides bedtime, you take two naps a day and just love being in your bed. You smile when you go in your room, and 95% of the time, you just go right to sleep whenever we put you in there. 



Sizes: You are rocking 12-18 clothes, but really some 9 -12 month stuff still fits to. Rocking size 4 shoes (last month was an error- you are in 4's not 5's), and you rocked your first pair of flip flops and gosh your little feetsies looked so cute in them!! You are in size 4 diapers and they still seem to be working out for you. 

Your "I'm over it face"
Say Cheese
Milestones: You are working on the furniture walk. You can pull yourself up and walk alongside the sofa. Your not an old pro at it, but your going there. Crawling wise you are a machine. you can crawl from point A to point B in no time! It is pretty funny to watch. What is not so funny is when you are getting a diaper change you want to roll over and crawl away. You are so antsy and nosey. You started clapping your hands! We are still working on "So Big" and you know what it is we want you to do, it is just getting you to do it~ I think you just enjoy us all making fools out of ourselves trying to get you to do it!  You love to dance and love to have songs sung to you. You are an extremely happy little guy. You smile and giggly almost all the time. You are a TV nut. Anytime you hear anything that interests you, you turn your head or crawl your little butt back into the living room. You can say Ma-Ma and Da-Da and I think you said Nan-Na (banana) yesterday, but I cant be for certain. You are an expert at hitting me and pulling my hair, and you just find it very funny when I tell you No, No, No. You have not learned yet that NO, means not to do it. You tend to think that No means yes, and that is not good.  You are also into things that your brother showed no interest in such as the dog food bowls, the molding on the floor, and your sisters hair on her back. You make the cutest faces when you are done eating. When you are done you usually scrunch your face u and close your eyes and put your little head down. If we try a few times to get you to eat more and you are done, you sometimes will scream and then we know for sure you are done. You still like to snuggle with me and will do so before bedtime. Which of course melts my heart! You are learning to kiss and give these nice big open mouth kisses (kip a coos- as we call them). You love playing with and looking at books, and your books that talk and tell stories and sing. You love the Cardinals baseball bat and the Thomas bat, you swing them around and think they are so funny! You love to chase any type of ball - your prefer the small plastic golf balls we have from your brothers golf set, and love to watch them roll under the couch. You have even tried getting them out from under the couch yourself. You love knocking over Carters vacuum and I can foresee our near future having to buy another one. You love crawling into Carters room and playing with the Choo Choo table. You like to be outside and will call around in the grass to get where you want to go when we are out there. You like to play with Carter's lawn mower- which he doesn't let you touch for long, and this is another item I can foresee having to get another of so no tears are shed. You love playing in the swing and you laugh and smile the whole time you are in there. You love the bathtub, which makes me think you are going to LOVE the swimming pool. As soon as you hear the bathtub running you immediately take off to the bathroom and want to get in the tubby. You and your brother have such a bawl in the tub! Its fun to watch you two play, not so fun though to clean up the massive puddles of water off the floor! 

I cannot believe that the past ten months are already over! You are becoming such a fun little guy, and I am eager to see what the next couple of months has in store for you! 

WE love you buddy-

Mom and Dad 





No comments:

Post a Comment