Thursday, March 6, 2014

Seven Months

Daily:  You are quite the early riser (not like your mama at all), you get up anywhere from 5:45-630 am. You still like to eat right when you first wake, which lately has immediately followed by a piece of toast or sometimes a full breakfast! Since you get up so early you tend to go down for a nap pretty early (around 830-9am). This usually follows with a mid morning bottle/nurse session, lunch and then another nap around 1230-1pm. Sometimes you like to get in another nap after your mid afternoon nurse/bottle session. Then dinner usually happens around 5-530 pm and following that another nurse/bottle session. 


Eating: You are nursing every 4 hours, I weaned you off the 3 hour sessions and you are doing just perfect with it. You are eating everything we are eating, there is really nothing that you do not like. We are completely off baby food/cereal, and are just giving you everything we eat. Your favorites include applesauce, pancakes and graham crackers.  You have dabbled in cinnamon rolls, donuts, turkey, cheese, yogurt, apple sauce, fruit cups, peas and carrots, noodles, crackers, cookies, hamburger meat, chicken- pretty much EVERYTHING! My milk supply has taken a slight decrease since you started eating everything. I remember this happening with Carter and am much more lax about it with you buddy. I know you are growing just fine and am not worried about your intake of food/milk. You also started drinking out of a sippy cup and are doing really good with it. You are also picking up your own food and eating it (if its in big enough pieces). You can hold a cracker and anything large enough and you gnaw gnaw gnaw on it till its gone. Missy has learned that if she sits underneath you, she can eat all the yummy stuff you constantly throw (or drop) on the floor. 

Bedtime: You are still a VERY early bedtime sleeper. 630 comes around and boy are you ready for bed. You love your bed and when I say love, I mean it. As son as we go in your room you light up because you know it's time to snuggle bug and be cozy and comfy. You snuggle with your blanket, your bear that plays music and of course a pillow. You roll around like crazy in that bed, and most mornings when we come in to get you, you are always on your belly. Which takes me to those morning wake up calls: Little man, you go to bed early because you are a crab and want to go to bed, but that doesn't mean we want you up at the crack of dawn. You sometimes get up around 4 and will go back to sleep if I go in there and find that bink of yours. Other times you sleep till 5 or so and the same thing, you will go back to sleep as long as you have your bink. You move around so much that the bink gets shuffled around and your cant find it. As long as yur sleeping all night long (unlike your brother) I don't mind getting up with you in the early AM. 


Sizes: You are rocking size 9-12 month clothes, and are the most comfy in 12 months (they are little big). You are just so long, that nine month stuff doesn't seem to fit you. You are rocking two piece PJS and of course I am obsessed. You look like such a big kid in them and I cannot get enough of you when you wear them!! I totally would let you wear pjs everyday all day, because you look so cute in them. You are rocking size 3 diapers, but I think you might be ready for fours!!!! We haven't put any shoes on your yet, but I think you might be able to wear some!!! We will dabble in those next month! 


Milestones: 
 You are still the happiest, happiest baby ever. You love to giggle, and it doesn't take much to get you going. You love to be held tight and your face rubbed gently. You close your little eyes when I do this and just smile (and pretend to sleep). You are getting better at playing by yourself, alone. But, boy you sure love when your brother is in the room and playing. You try following him with your eyes and head and sometimes even fall over looking for him! I am sure you are thinking, boy, I wish I could keep up with him!! You are an expert at sitting up now. You love being able to sit up and watch the world around you. When you do fall over you just get on your belly, and have even started scooting!! YES! SCOOTING! Hold on buddy, I am not ready for that. Daddy put you on the hard wood floor and you started scooting backwards. You were laughing the whole time!! We better start keeping the toys picked up, because before we know it you will be all over the place. Now that your sitting up, the bouncer (at our house) just doesn't do it for you. You will play in it and bounce really hard ion it (which is hysterical to watch, because you make these loud noises when you do it- almost like your yelling).  You play with just about any toy you can get your hands on, and for some reason are infactuated with Carter's coloring books. Every time he has them out, you are constantly trying to get to them. Sometimes you lean so far over that you fall over trying to get to them. It makes Carter pretty upset when you try to steal his coloring book, that thing is like gold buddy, so be careful! 

You are still quite the babbler! You have said MAMAMAMA and DADADADADA, the first time you said it I had to double listen because I couldn't believe it. But now you say it pretty consistently. I am pretty aware that you probably don't know what it means, but still you say it! And if we say it you light up and laugh and laugh! You also are quite the grunter and screamer. You sit around and if we aren't paying attention to you, you will just scream real loud till you have our attention. It gets you laughing and of course has us laughing, because it is pretty darn cute. 

You still really into TV and love watching just about any cartoon that we watch, or should I say, that Carter lets you watch. I try to let you watch Mickey (because you love it), along with Chuggington; but, sometimes Carter makes you Super Why, but I don't think you really care.  You just smile and laugh every time the show comes on, or if we sing the chorus to you. You still love to be held and snuggled, and I will take it. I love holding you and snuggle bugging you every second I can. 

Overall, you are a pretty easy baby to take care of and love to sleep, which makes us happy!!! I am eager to watch you grow, but sad to think that you are already over half way to being a year old. I love you, We all love you and cant wait to see what new joys you brings us next month! 

Love You-
Mom, Dad, and Carter Boy 

No comments:

Post a Comment