This little guy is not so little anymore. He is a BIG kid and I cannot get over it. It makes me so very happy that he is growing into a BIG boy, but, very sad because he is getting BIG. He still melts my heart, and still makes me smile; but, he also makes me lose my patience, and become frustrated because at times he can be quite the little MONSTER.
A few tidbits about what this little dude is doing these days at 2 years 6 months:
Carter-
-- You are 27 lbs, and wear 18 month-2T clothes. You are mostly in 2T shirts, but, rock the 18-24 month pants. You love to wear PJs, and your Thomas ones are your favorite. You don't like to get dressed in the morning, and since I don't have much patience in the AM, I let you rock your PJS to the sitter (we try not to make it an every day habit). I think I might need to invest in getting you another pair because you sure don't like it when they are dirty. You like to pick out your clothes, and LOVE your "Asher" shirts that your cousin Asher handed down to you. You are attempting to try to help put your own socks on, but not quite there yet. You love your Toms, and your "soccer shoes" (Pumas), but if we would let you, you sure would rock your snow boots everyday. The biggest thing is that you are potty trained! You are doing great and have been for a few months now. We could not be more proud of you. You rock your "nundies" as you call them, and go when you have to go. You have had a few accidents, when we haven't been able to get you to the bathroom in time (our fault), but other than that you are a champ. We have a slide with the nighttime issues, but we have had quite a few dry nights, so this weekend we are going to try the no pull up at night and go with just your "nundies."
--You are still not a great eater, but you are getting better. You favorite food is McDonald's (and I know its not the healthiest item, but you will eat an entire cheeseburger without thinking twice) cheeseburger, and you love that you get your own "soda." You also still really love yogurt, fruit, pudding, cheese, bologna, spaghetti, baby Oreo cookies, cinnamon rolls, fruit snacks (Cars and Thomas), milk, apple juice, donuts (chocolate and powdered), and corn. You are not into chicken (at all), nor do you really care for any kind of vegetable (which I hope you outgrow), and most of the time you just eat what you want.
--You are really into Trains, and still love Chuggington, and now are venturing into Thomas. You love dumping all your race cars on the floor, and racing them across the living room. You still love vacuuming, sweeping and "spraying" (dusting) the house. Anytime mommy or daddy is cleaning, you get your stuff and get to work. You got a grocery cart for Christmas, and you love pushing it around and getting your groceries. Out Schnucks now has baby carts and you HAVE to have one when we go, and so we let you push it around and fill up your basket with all the groceries "we" need. Sometimes, you put things in there that we don't need (they may or may not come home with us, depending upon if we notice it or not). You love watching Super Why, Mickey Mouse, Chuggington, Thomas, and Doc McStuffins. You are pretty infactuated with anything Doc McStuffins. You go to Target and immediately head for the dollar isle, and you want anything that is Doc related, which most of the time is markers, coloring books, stickers, etc. While we think Doc is a bit girly, we have come to the realization that it is ok for you to play with these things. They may be pink, but you are not aware that pink means girls, so why not let you have what you want. You have alot of Doc coloring stuff, but your favorite Doc item is her "beeper" as you call it (stethoscope). Your current obsession is also markers, you love to color with markers, and you haven't done anything (YET) that has made us not trust you to use them. You know that you have to sit in the living room and color in the book only, and you are pretty good at doing so.--You love to feed your sister and give her treats.You know that she has to sit, give paw, and then lay down before she gets the treat. You love getting your step stool out, and help put the groceries away and help cook or bake with mommy. You still love your baby bear, and big bear and sleep with them every night. You still love your Blanket and it is your comfort when you don't feel good, or are upset.
--You are funny...I mean REALLY funny. You say some of the funniest things ever, and I don't know where they come from. You also say some things that we don't like (including SHUT UP) and you repeat everything, which means we really have to watch what we say. One of my favorite things that you say, that to me, makes you sound like a big kid is "OK." We ask you do something and (most of the time) say OK, and do it . It sounds so cute rolling off your little tongue. You also tell us that you love (Mommy and Mason) to the Moon and Back, and that you love (daddy) to the SUN and back. I love that you are very distinct about how much you love each of us. It's cute! "One more time" is also one of your favorite things to say, before bedtime. This means you want just 5 more minutes to play!You have also started the "WHY, Mommy," "Why, Daddy," thing and it is quite a trip. You ask WHY for just about everything, and needless to say our answers are never good enough, and thus you ask "WHY" to their answer we give. Sometimes it can be a bit irritating. BUT, when we do tell you why to something, you remember it, and will remind us that we told you something later on down the road.
--Which leads me to that fact that you are really smart. You can count , say your ABC's, and sing songs that you love (yes, you know the words): Especially to Boys Round Here-Blake Shelton, and My Kinda Night-Luke Bryan. You LOVE LOVE LOVE to read. If we would let you, you would read 10 books every night. We started bi-monthly Library trips and you love picking out your books. Some of your new favorite books have been library pick outs and I could not be more excited that you LOVE to read. With that you have also become quite the independent reader. You usually let me get one book down, but most of the time you want to "read" to us. Sometimes this can be fun especially if I am exhausted, but it takes you a while to "read" your books which can make me even more exhausted. Your memory is what just astounds me. You remember everything, you remember which way means where we are going, you remember something I told you days ago, you remember things I tell Daddy, you are just really smart.
--You are a great big brother. You are constantly worried about what Mason is doing, and always trying to make him "better" or "happy" if he is sad. You give him toys, snacks, his bink, anything to please him. Boy do you love to play with him and snuggle him. You love to squeeze him and just make him happy! I love the bond that you two have created and it is so much fun to watch you guys interact!! You are a GREAT big brother!
--SLEEP- well what can I say about this. You are just not a good sleeper. Ever since you got sick in December you have gone from a good sleeper (thanks to the Sleep lady), to a terrible sleeper. Not as bad as you used to be,but you still wake up alot. I have come to terms with it, some nights are good, others are bad. I just realized that I take what I can get and just pray that one day..ONE day you will sleep through the night every night for months at a time!!
--You can be a MONSTER and when I say MONSTER, I mean it to the highest power of MONSTERS. You get so upset over things sometimes, especially if we tell you that you have to do something you don't want to do. Or if your doing something that you shouldn't be doing and we tell you No, you get mad. We are working on being more consistent with our "punishments," and we have found that by taking away things (your vacuum is a big one) you handle the situation better. We are working on creating less tantrums and having more pleasant experiences. We just never know what is going to set you off. Sometimes it might be what you want to wear to the sitter, or what you are going to eat, or what is for dinner, or what you can't do at the time. All I know if sometimes I wish I could snap my fingers and you would stop crying/throwing your tantrums. I am trying to have more patience, but boy do you make it hard. I know this is the terrible twos and your trying to gain as much independence as possible and it will pass, but boy do I wish sometimes you would just be the sweet sweet boy that you are the other 90 percent of the time.
--We are having bi monthly date days, and I love the time we are getting to spend together. We usually start off with breakfast, then head to the library (which you love) and then off to do something fun. I think our best date day was the Arch. We went up to the top which you weren't a huge fan of, but you did love the elevator ride up! I am eager for the weather to get nicer so we can spend it doing outdoorsy things!!
xoxo-
Mom and Dad

No comments:
Post a Comment