Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Goals

Inspired by one of my favorite bloggers Blessed by Brenna I have decided to put my 2014 goals in writing. I believe that by putting them in writing, I will be more willing to make progress. Who knows, putting them in writing could do a whole lot of nothing, but I only hope that I can achieve 90 percent of my goals for the 2014.

Inspired by Courtney, I have picked a few topics and made mini goals within each topic.

Financially:
I want to be able to feel good about my spending and feel good about my saving.
I want to put the wants to a minimum and focus on the needs, so that our money can be put to good instead of wasteful spending.

Health:
2013 brought a new baby into the world, and with that came a body that I have become unfamiliar with. I may be back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but my belly is no longer recognizable and has a few more stretch marks than I would have liked. While, I believe that those things are merely beauty marks from the wonder of two sons that I created inside me, I want to be more confident with my new body, which means working towards making myself more confident inside and out.
I want to make it a goal to go to the gym at least three times a week (more if I can get away).
I want to eat healthier, not just at breakfast and lunch (which I find is the easiest to do) but at dinner to.
 I want to drink more water
 I want to be more active with the kids.

Family/Home:
I want to spend at least 30 minutes playing with the kids each night. It seems as though time is spent worrying about other things when we come home from work, that I forget that I need to spend time with my precious kiddos and be present with them, not just sitting in the same room with them.
I want to take Carter to the library twice a month and spend time reading books just him and I there.
I want to spend more time outside (when the weather is nicer) playing, not just watching the kids play.
I want to do more creative activities with the kids at least twice a month.
I am going to make it a conscious effort to check my phone at the door when I get home, and use it only after the kids go to bed.
I want to try a new recipe each week.
I want to spend more time talking with and spending alone time with the hubs. We spend 98 percent of our time as a family of four, that I think we need more time just the two of us to reconnect so we don't lose touch on what started this little family of four.

I know that all these goals are attainable. It is just putting them into action that is the real job. I hope that I look back in January of 2015 and feel good about 2014 and hope that I have attained all these goals.

Till next time-
J

No comments:

Post a Comment