Friday, July 13, 2012

"Sister" Kelly's Baby Shower

I am lucky enough to have a sister in law to whom I get along with, and a plus side to having her, is that she has two sisters to whom I absolutely love and consider sisters as well!!! With that, the youngest of the three "HUPP" sisters, Kelly, is going to be welcoming a little boy into the world in just a few weeks, and so I was obviously thrilled when Laura asked me to help with the decor for the baby shower!!!

I love, love, love making diaper cakes. I have no idea why; probably because I think that they make such easy centerpieces and really add alot to the tables. For Kelly's shower I made mini diaper cakes and one big diaper cake. Her theme was a nautical theme, and OH my I absolutely loved it!!! I might have to steal that theme when we have another baby.





I also made these adorable boats that Laura wanted to put Lifesaver mints in for guests to nibble on during the shower. Thanks to a Martha Stewart tutorial I was able to make them with pretty much no fuss. Once I made a few I was able to knock all twenty out pretty quickly. Once the boats were made, Laura bought these adorable little pennants that she wrote Nolans name on and we stuck them in the middle of the boat to make them look like sails!! We then tied this rope around two life savers and made them look like a life preserver was hanging off the end!! OH MY did they turn out cute!!! Check them out!!

I of course had to snap some pictures of my little man and his adorable shirt that I bought for "Aunt" Kelly's shower!!!! 

There was a puppy outside of the restaurant that Carter and Sloan just loved, loved, loved. So they spent alot of time at the back door looking out and playing with him through the window!!! I love this picture of the two of them!!!

Sweet Cousins
 A few little snaps of our boo and his little "faces" he makes!!



Lastly, I want to give a big shout out to Kate Thorne Designs for making these amazing burp cloths for Mama Deen!!! She absolutely loved them!!!



Till next time

J

No comments:

Post a Comment