Holy Cow, where has February gone? I cannot believe that in 10 days Carter is going to be 5 months old!! He is growing so big and doing big boy things. I have soaked in every minute of the past five months and I plan on soaking in every minute from here on out. Time sure is precious and there is nothing that I want more than to cherish every moment we have together as mommy/son and as a family.
I love that when I come home from work I get those few hours with him. I don't even want to put him down, I just want to snuggle with him. He is probably really spoiled because of me, well, and because of his Grandmas; but I can't help it. He gets to play all day with his favorite babysitters and so when he comes home I just want to snuggle him up!! And as long as he will let me I plan on continuing my snuggle time with him!
He is becoming quite the food champ! He is now eating oatmeal and some fruit in the morning along with his milk, and in the evening he is now eating some rice cereal, veggies, and some fruit. He is loving his food! He has tried carrots, squash, green beans, pears and apples. He loves everything except the green beans. He had those tonight and was not interested in them at all. Tomorrow we will try them again, maybe I will mix them in with the rice and see if he likes them that way. I am shocked he doesn't like them considering Michael and I love them!! We are still nursing and doing great. I am nursing him when I am home, and pumping when I am at work. It is not as nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Pumping only takes a few minutes to do and I only have to do it 2-3 times a day at work. Considering work has been so crazy, its actually nice to get to shut my office door and not take any calls for five minutes!!
Sleeping... well that is a whole other story. Sometimes he sleeps in his bed and he sleeps for a good chunk of time; other times, he screams as if his bed is killing him. The crying out method wasn't working so we are back to rocking him and snuggling with him to get him to fall asleep, per the peditrician. He said to do what is best for Carter and maybe crying it out isn't working. He has been sleeping lately with his little Cardinals bear snuggie and it seems to be working. He seems to love to have something to hold on to, and squeeze while sleeping, so it seems to be the cure for our sleeping habit. We are going to work on it this week and hopefully he does a little bit better. I would love it if we could get him down at 9 and he sleep till its time to go to the sitter in the morning. I would even take him getting up at 4 or 5 to eat if he wanted to. I just would love to get a full nights sleep (without him next to me)! I am totally jealous of all the mommies out there who have babies younger and a little older than Carter who are sleeping through the night. I know that all babies are different and its not like he is 7 or 8 months old and not sleeping through the night. We can only hope that he starts sleeping through the night, sooner rather than later!!
Other than that mommy and daddy are doing great. I am still kicking butt and taking names with school, work and tutoring. I am staying busy and loving it. This week I want to get Carters albums put together, so that means I need to sit down and organize his photos! I have made quite a mess of the printed photos since I have been catching up on his scrapbook, which btw is coming along very well and looks super cute! I am eager to see the final product once his birthday comes around!! I am still only working 4 days a week and am really enjoying my one day I have with Carter. It's nice to have a quiet mommy/Carter day once a week!! Michael is still working like crazy at Thrifty and taking care of all his daddy/husband duties around the house! Life is good these days and we could not be more blessed!!
J
No comments:
Post a Comment