I am going to toot my own horn and brag for a minute. I am going to brag because before Carter was born, I mentioned to people that I wanted to make my own baby food for Carter when he was ready to eat baby food. And what did people do? They laughed, they said there was no way wth my busy schedule would I have time, not would I want to do that. Well, let me tell you, making baby food was not hard, nor was it too time consuming. It was actually super easy, way easier than I thought.
So, last Saturday I stopped by the grocery store on my way home and picked up some fresh veggies and fruit. I picked up some butternut squash, some green beans, pears, apples, and frozen peas (frozen, because I couldn't find fresh peas, do these even exist?) and brought them home to cook/steam for my little guy.
I waited until Sunday to make everything because I wasn't sure how long it was going to take me to do, plus I needed to get used to my baby food processor. So, I cut up my veggies and fruit, and put it in the Baby Brezza (that I oh so thankfully got from one of the guests at my baby shower, thanks Judy!). But, I had one minor issue, my new food processor would not work. I had to then box it back up and take it back to Babies R Us, which annoyed me at first, but apparently some of the stock of Baby Brezzas that were sent out were defective, and mine was one of those. So, we got our new Baby Brezza and got home and got to cooking. Let me tell you if you are making baby food for our little one, this is the processor to have. It steams the food and then automatically blends it when the time is up. All I have to do is fill the container and set the timer and walk away. AMAZING and super easy!!! The only time consuming part is the peeling of the veggie and fruit!! Once it is purreed to the consistency I wanted (which after the machine fully blended it, I didn't have to do anything except pour it out) I poured the food into the baby food ice trays that I ordered off of Amazon before Carter got here. The ice trays are like regular ice trays, except they come with a lid, so they stack perfectly in the freezer! I let everything freeze in the trays over night and then the next day I popped them out and put them in freezer bags. There is enough of everything to last at least three weeks!! So, the little bit of fruit and veggies I got made all of this food that we now have for almost a month!! So, now when it is time to feed Carter I just take them out one by one out of the freezer bag and put them in his little boys and either let them defrost in the fridge or stick them in the microwave for a few minutes!! The whole process is so easy, and so worth it for Carter, PLUS cheaper than having to buy baby food!
It is a good feeling knowing that I am making the food that boo is eating, plus it is a good feeling that I did something that many (and when I say many, I mean ALOT) people thought I wouldn't do! So, Ha! I did it and plan on continuing to do so until he stops eating baby food!!
J
No comments:
Post a Comment