Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Holiday Season Has Started

The month of December is almost over and I keep thinking to myself where did the month go? Hell, where did the whole year go? I cannot believe that we are coming to a close of what has been an amazing, and probably, the best year of my life.

This month went by so fast with all the holiday parties and get togethers that we have had. It seems as though they were never ending. I love the holidays, I love getting together with family and friends to celebrate the holiday season. I HATE that the month goes by so fast though, because before you know it the presents are unwrapped faster than they were wrapped, and the tree and decorations are all taken down in a flash.

This holiday season has obviously been one of the best for myself (and I think Michael to). Having Carter here in time for the holidays has been so much fun. Even though he couldn't unwrap all his presents (which btw, our house looks like a Fisher Price catalog with all the toys he received), he sure was fun!!!

We started off the holidays with my brother in laws birthday, in which we indulged in some good food, and drinks and shared the start of the holiday season with my sister in laws family!!
All dressed up for Uncle Todd's Birthday

My Cousin Sloan sure does love me!

My Uncle Todd and I

After the kick off of the holiday season we purchased our Christmas tree. This is always so much fun to pick the perfect one out and get it up and decorated. It really puts me in the holiday spirit when I can get the decorations out and make it look like Christmas in our house! As much fun as it seems, there always comes a bit of frustration in our house with actually getting the tree up. Every year our stupid tree stand (which we have purchased a new one every year) never works properly with our tree. Thus getting the tree up is quite an ordeal and a bit of an annoyance. I wish that when you bought your tree you could just have them put it up in your house for you, because for some reason ours always takes a while to get it just right!! But once we got the tree up, we decorated it and Christmas season began in our house!!
2011 Tree

Boo with his first Christmas Tree

All ready for Christmas
Once the tree was up, Carter and I got a jump start on the holiday shopping!!! It was so nice to be off on maternity leave for the holiday season. We got to go shopping during the day and steered clear of the weekend shoppers!!

We attended quite a few holiday parties, which was fun this year to bring our little guy along and show him off!!! He was so good, considering that these parties consisted of late nights and a lot of bottle feedings. I am pretty lucky that my little guy likes to be on the go (like his momma). He makes life easy for me and for that I am thankful!!!

Carter attended his first Harris/Schmidt Christmas, Cutelli/Schmidt Christmas, "Aunt" Christmas, "Girls" Christmas at Colleen's, "Friend" Christmas at the Cochrans. We had so much fun catching up, eating good food (and lots of cookies), and of course loved all the indulging of the good wine and beer this holiday season!!!

Mom won't stop taking pictures of me.... Torture

No comments:

Post a Comment