Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh, how life has changed



Well, after 40 weeks of carrying around my little bundle of joy, Carter finally made his appearance on Thursday September 29, 2011 at 10:45 am, weighing in at 9 pounds and 3 ounces. After what I thought was going to be an excruciating experience of a C-Section, I actually came out glad that I had a C-Section over trying to deliver my little guy vaginally. My C-section literally only took a matter of 15 minutes to get him out and 30 minutes total (to get me put back together). It was all worth it, once I saw his sweet face, and heard his loud wail. All the worrying over the past nine months, and especially those last few days went away as soon as I saw him. I couldn't wait to get to hold him, and once I got to recovery I could.




 We spent Thursday - Sunday morning in the hospital, and each day got a little better. It really helped having an awesome nurse staff and crew at the hospital helping Michael and I learn the ropes of having a baby. We had lots of visitors come to see our bundle of joy, and it really made me realize how lucky we are to have such great friends and family. It is funny how much people Love googling over a little one. We were showered with massive amounts of Flowers (Thank You- Mom, Tolie, Anna, Kelly, Jason, Grandma Wilma, Uncle Jim, Aunt Marsha, and my co-workers) and lots of gifts for Carter (Thank You- Chris, Ashley, MaryAnn, Sarah, David and Amy).

It really is the truth when people say that you don't know how much you love someone till you bring a baby in the world. Seeing, holding, kissing, and just being around Carter makes me smile. I could not imagine my life without him in it now that he is here. Watching Michael with him sometimes brings tears to my eyes. He is so loving, caring and enthusiastic about everything Carter does, that is really makes me realize why I married him. He loves Carter so much, and I am so lucky to have him beside me with this new journey we have just started.

Being a mom is not easy, especially the first few days/weeks. I struggled my first few days home with nursing, and am really thankful to my sister-in-law, (Laura) and her mom, (Jean) for helping me get over my hump of thinking that I wasn't going to be able to nurse. The days really have gone by, and nursing has become so much easier. Now, if only little man wanted to sleep in his bed, and not on top of my chest!  I am still learning everyday all of Carters little facial expressions, and cries and it seems as though when you just think that you know what he is needing/wanting, something else is wrong. I am learning and know that it will only get easier, and more fun as he continues to grow. I thank god everyday for giving me Carter, and I truly am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment