Two Years Old... How and When did this happen???
Mason, you have become a lot of things...
Most of all you have become the freest spirited child I never imagined I would
have. You are spunky, sweet, temperamental, bossy, and gosh can you talk.
You love to eat, and have topped the scale this month at 32.5 lbs.! Your favorites include blueberries, grapes, strawberries, bananas (that you love to eat like a Monkey), animal crackers, yogurt, cottage cheese, mini pancakes, pop tarts, waffles, and cheeseburgers. You love CHOCOLATE, and I mean love. I swear you could eat it all day every day. You know where the chocolate is at not only our house, but at both of your Grandma’s houses.
You are in size 3T clothes, and just started recently attempting
to potty train – which means you LOVE wearing your Paw Patrol underwear over
your diaper.
You still rock a good night sleep, but still love getting up at
the wake of dawn. Just last night (25 months old) rocked your first night in a
big boy bed, and you did great! You slept all night, and stayed in bed until
6:30 am! You still love your naps, and take one a day that can range anywhere
from 1-3 hours.
You are usually a pretty happy kiddo, with a little bit of spunk
of in you. You get pretty upset easily – especially if you get into trouble,
and it seems like you are always doing something that gets you into trouble.
You love playing in the bathroom sink (Thank God it’s not the toilet) and climb
on everything. You don’t do it so much at home as you do Maw Maw Kathy’s – but
you love to climb! We started time out with you this week and it seems to be
working. It takes a few times, but I think you’re catching the drift – the more
you get up the more you have to sit!!
You can count to 12, and “sing” your ABC’s. You love to put
puzzles together, and can do all of the puzzles at home without any one helping
you. You still love playing with your shape sorter, and can do so by yourself.
You love being read to and insist on multiple books at a time, and even like to
“read” to us – when we are patient and let you. You are working on your colors,
but I know you will have those down before I know it! I think you have almost
most of the dinner prayer down, and even say your own “Dear Lord” prayer before
every meal. Your Paw Paw Rick would be very proud! You are so very smart!!
You love following your brother around, and always want to do
whatever he is doing. Which usually annoys him – and I am sure will for the
next 12 years! I know you think he is so cool, and just love playing with him.
Sometimes the two of you play so well together and other times you are destructive
and can make him so mad – which is never good for any one of us!
You love to play pretend, especially with the tools and the big
picture window. You always climb up there and pretend to fix the blinds and the
window – you always say “You break it, I fix it” – just like Handy Manny. You
love to play with the kitchen and “cook” us dinner and make us “coffee.” You
started playing “going to work-“ where you get on your little truck and drive
away – and when you do you always give me a kiss before you “leave.” I love it!
Speaking of animals, you love love love Grants Farm and the Zoo.
If we could take you there every weekend we would! It is your favorite place to
go (besides El Maguey for the cheese dip). You love getting to see the animals
up and close – but not too up and close. You love duckies and anything that is
in the water – especially turtles – which I think you get from your brother!
You love watching Mickey Mouse every morning, and Paw Patrol,
Chuggington, Jake and have a huge obsession with Despicable me – the original.
You love snuggling up in my bed and watch it with me or Carter or sometimes even
yourself. I think you think the Minions are so funny, because sometimes you act
like one!
You are quite the talker, and have some interesting conversations.
90% of the time your stories are true, and the other 10% I probably can’t
understand what you’re saying – which means we have to get the Interpreter
Carter in the room to help. You repeat everything you hear, which is not always
a good thing – because you have said a few choice words I wish to never hear
come from your mouth again. I think we have that worked out, because I have
told you that those are icky words and that soap could possibly be involved if
you say them again!
One of the best things about you being two is that you are still a
little lover. You love giving kisses and hugs, and really do give the sweetest
of both. You still love to snuggle (almost every night), and you always
randomly tell us you love us which melts my heart! You love giving us kisses
when we leave you to go to work – and usually make us give you quite a few. You
have started walking me to my car every time I leave (or when anyone leaves our
house). You hate it when anyone is crying, especially me – you always grab my
cheeks and give me kisses and say its ok. You and your brother are some sweet
little gentlemen, and it makes me proud that you do such sweet things – which I
know you will use later on in life to make some girl very happy!
Most of all – you are fun – you are fun to watch grow and have
challenged me at times, which I am thankful for. I am learning that each day is
different and I never know what to expect with you. I am thankful for all that
you have taught me and for all that you give to our family (no matter what it
is). Our family is complete because of you and we love you so much. I look
forward to exploring year number 3 and what you grow into!!!
Happy Birthday Buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment